Tuesday 31 March 2009

3M Nexcare Acne Patch...

After hearing the fuss being made about these patches, I decided to try a small 7-pc pack out for myself to see if the claims were true – according to many, they are ‘miracle workers’ when it comes to taking care of acne. I had a terrible outbreak of pimples at one point recently...the horrible deep set ones that hurt when touched!

Description:
This product was originally a medical dressing with 3M patented Tegasorb to absorb wound pus when nurses in Taiwan experimented cutting them into small pieces to place on their acne. The birth of yet another 3M innovative product: Nexcare Acne Patch. To use, clean and dry skin and hands thoroughly, remove acne patch from the film and place gently on the acne.


The Verdict:
When I first opened up the pack, I found a sealed pack containing seven translucent yellowish silicone discs in two different sizes. I decided to try the smaller disc on a big yellow pimple on my temple that was really irritated, and applied it just before I went to bed. In the morning, lo and behold, check out the patch!

The whitish part is the pus - ewwww...but it really works! The pimple was almost fully frained, and the redness was dramatically reduced. I’ve since found that if you can handle it, pricking the pimple just before you apply the patch will help the pus to be absorbed faster. Of course, don’t squeeze it or touch the area more often than is absolutely necessary as that will aggravate the problem.

Nexcare can apparently be used on nodules (sub-cutaneous painful red bumps), whiteheads (the whitish bumps, although I wouldn’t say it’s a good use of the patch!) and pustules (the gross pus-filled ones). I’ve found that for me, it works best on ripe pimples – namely the pustules. That way, you only require minimal application of the patch to clear it up.

I’d definitely turn to this again the next time I have any ripe pimples – this is the perfect solution for those who have itchy fingers (like me!) since it’ll stop me from picking at or squeezing them. And if it can help minimise the post-pimple scarring, I’m all for it!


3M Nexcare patches are available in 7, 14 or 36 piece packs and can be found at Watsons outlets. If I’m not mistaken, the 7-pc pack retails for about RM4, while the 36-pc pack retails at about RM12.


Rating: 4.5 / 5
Value: $$$

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 6:54 am, March 31, 2009 , Blogger LyNn said...

everyone have been raving about this.
i really cant wait to get my hands on it and try it out :P

 
At 8:28 am, March 31, 2009 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

lol! you know the names of the pimples :D I had to make mine up :p

 
At 9:03 am, March 31, 2009 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

wow..it really works? the one and only that I've used is from Beauty Formulas and it's useless LOL

 
At 5:23 pm, March 31, 2009 , Blogger Acne warrior said...

Of all the skin afflictions, Acne is the most ubiquitous and is commonly associated with adolescence. Surprisingly, Adult acne is prevalent in 25% of men and 50% of women at various stages of adult life. Scientists at NY University College of Medicine have shown that Niacinamide is superior to antibiotics such as Clindamycin in controlling acne. Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), applied topically, is beneficial for reducing Acne, skin hyper-pigmentation (acne scars), increasing skin moisture and reducing fine wrinkles. Niacinamide is generally recognized as safe during pregnancy (always consult a doctor). Try "Niapads" (it contains Niacinamide) for controlling your acne. It’s Simple for Pimple(C). One step process provides exfoliation, skin lightening, pore cleansing and prevention of acne. Visit www.niapads.com for details. Free shipping to all US and Canada.

 
At 9:55 am, April 01, 2009 , Anonymous prettybeautiful said...

bought it, but havent got the chance to REALLY use it, coz it keep coming off during my sleep :( i rolled here and there then its gone

 
At 12:20 pm, April 03, 2009 , Blogger Vivien said...

hey, i bought these too, apparently watson had a price mix up, so it cost RM4.20 for a 14 pcs. :P

 
At 6:46 pm, April 04, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

yay!!! welcome to the bandwagon!! i love these too!

 
At 11:59 pm, April 05, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

lynn: oh you really should - it's good stuff!

connie: the descriptions are actually printed on the inside of the wrapper...LOL...

askmewhats: it does! do you have it in PH?

prettybeautiful: i found one side is much stickier than the other...and better if you apply the patch on un-moisturised skin.. :)

vivien: wow...good bargain! :D

madaboutsprees: hehe...I'm so ON the bandwagon!! glad to meet a fellow patch lover... :)

 
At 12:00 am, April 06, 2009 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

I could be wrong, but I haven't seen them yet, I just saw the Beauty Formulas one which does not work..I will take a closer look :)

 
At 3:33 am, April 06, 2009 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

lol!! ya meh? I threw my box -_-

I just peeled and stick on my face. lol!!

 
At 3:58 pm, April 07, 2009 , Anonymous emelda said...

Where can i get this stuff? Want to try it la..:D

 
At 3:18 pm, April 10, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

askmewhats: hehe...get the right ones! :)

connie: same here...but after I took a pic of the inside! :p

emelda: most guardian or watsons will have it, I'm going back to get the big pack!

 
At 4:39 am, March 03, 2010 , Anonymous nancy said...

love the acne patch. i usually have to get it when i go back to taiwan, they should start selling this in the US!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home