Saturday 28 March 2009

inuovi Fake Lashes...

I dunno about the rest of you ladies, but up till today applying false lashes was something that I could not do by myself – the last few times I had falsies on, they were applied by other people! That’s a thing of the past now, seeing as the trainer from inuovi, Bob, stood up to the challenge of showing me how to apply my own false eyelashes.

He suggested that I try out inuovi’s ProLash lashes, which are designed to naturally enhance eyelashes. The synthetic nylon fibres have a more curved contour which is supposed to fit Asian eyes better. After trying on the lashes, I really have to agree...after all, I did make a wager with Bob – if he could really teach me how to apply falsies on my own, I’d buy the inuovi lashes. Quite fair, right?

Since I was starting out as a novice, he suggested #05 – a 2-pair set of three quarter length lashes. These are slightly shorter than the full length ones which makes application easier to manage for novices.

After curling my existing lashes and applying mascara (for this time, I decided to omit the mascara), the directions were the same as any application of false eyelashes – although his suggestion for glue application was slightly different. While I would have ordinarily used the tube to apply directly to the lash spine, he suggested squeezing out some glue onto my hand, and then sliding the lash spine through it for a more even application of glue.

After the glue has become tacky (if you’re applying it on yourself, then I suppose you can gently blow on it to speed up the gummy process...not a good idea if you’re applying it on someone else!) align the spine with your original lash line and gently press to fix in place. This should be placed as close to the lash line as possible to ensure a natural look.

And...voila! Done all by my lonesome! And it didn’t take me an hour to do it either...previously, I had tried (in vain) to apply false lashes on my own – I’d tried the cheap lashes from Elianto which I couldn’t get to align properly no matter how I tried, and not even the expensive ones from Shu Uemura could stay on...one end always ended up flicking up.

The inuovi lashes though? Apart from some minimal adjustment during the first couple of minutes and getting used to the fluttering of my new lashes, I had no problems. The lashes also held fast for the rest of the day – these will only come off when you’re ready to take them off.

I added on some eyeliner (their Sparkle Liner in Glamour Puss is a gorgeous turquoise-green, and looks great layered on with the black Sparkle Liner, Film Noir) – when I got back later in the evening, I could not resist taking a pic to share with you all...

Barring the lack of sleep, what do you guys think? LOL...needless to say, Bob won the wager and I ended up grabbing a couple of pairs of falsies from the inuovi store at Sunway Pyramid. The prices of the lashes are pretty decent too – the basic lashes are retailing for RM20 each, while the extreme designs retail for RM30. Each set comes with a tube of glue as well, so you’re set for 8-10 uses.

Inuovi is also currently having a 40% discount off all items in-store which will be ending tomorrow (29 March 2009). With the discount, the lashes are down to only RM12 and RM18 respectively – a total steal for the quality.


Rating: 5 / 5
Value: $$$

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 9:04 am, March 29, 2009 , Blogger LyNn said...

will they teach you how to put it on?
im a newbie in falsies too.
i might buy if its rm 12 for 2 pairs.
haha budget beauty so i usually buy those rm 2.50 one

 
At 1:04 pm, March 29, 2009 , Blogger PB said...

*wolf whistles although I can't in real life* That last pic is HOT! :D Glad you too have fallen into the falsie trap - I almost pulled out my puny lashes trying to remove them though - the glue is uber strong.

 
At 5:32 pm, March 29, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... super hot photos :) You look great...it doesnt look fake at all .....

 
At 7:27 pm, March 29, 2009 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

looking hot *wink wink*

I kept my lashes on til after dinner :D Couldn't bring myself to remove them!

 
At 9:47 am, March 30, 2009 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

wow..you look so pretty with falsies! use them often :) :): )

 
At 10:53 am, March 30, 2009 , Blogger Syen said...

Phew-wit!!!! =D

Oooh... you look uber hot girl! Preeetty... =)

 
At 11:45 am, March 30, 2009 , Anonymous prettybeautiful said...

love it love it love it too!

i was out till almost 12 and they stayed on perfectly!!!!!

i kept checking out the mirror to see them <3

 
At 1:37 pm, March 30, 2009 , Anonymous Tine said...

Damn you nailed it!! I still can't work it yet :(

 
At 1:51 pm, March 30, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

lynn: I'm sure they can show you how to do it - look for Yuko, who's a whiz at it (she can apply her falsies with one hand!)

parisb: *ouch*..pulled out lashes? I didn't have that problem with mine though, but getting the glue off the falsies took a while!

anonymous: thank you!!

connie: yours looked great too!! :)

askmewhats: still needs practice, but for special occasions now I'm definitely going to!! hehe...

syen: missed you at the session.. :( but I'm still mad at you for having super-long lashes to begin with! hehe..

prettybeautiful: I know what you mean - the mirror was my best friend that day! teeheehee...

tine: the 3/4 lash is a lot easier to maneuvre - can show you when you're back. ;)

 
At 4:02 pm, April 07, 2009 , Anonymous emelda said...

Wohoo...will definitely check this store out!! :D

Didn't know this brand produce falsie too...im so gonna check this out when galli is not around with me...LOL!

 
At 3:09 pm, April 10, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

emelda: why when galli not with you? haha...he can give comment wat... :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home