Wednesday 25 March 2009

Garnier Ambre Solaire After Sun Skin Soother Hydrating Milk....

It never fails to amaze me how our weather can be so erratic – the past few days have been nothing short of rainy and WET, but just a few weeks ago, it was absolutely scorching! While I was attending an outdoor activity, I did unfortunately get rather cooked despite full strength sunblock and trying to stay in the shade as much as possible.

When I got back, my skin was seriously suffering and looking rather sad and ‘peely’ (really bad, I know) but it did lead to me digging out a bottle of Garnier’s Ambre Solaire After Sun Skin Soother Hydrating Milk to calm my skin down.

Description:
Garnier Ambre Solaire After Sun Skin Soother Hydrating Milk contains a soothing agent to instantly relieve sensations of tightness caused by sun exposure. Enriched with cactus extract and hydrating agents, it helps lock in moisture and rehydrate the skin. As a result, skin is able to regain its natural moisture levels and is left soft, supple and hydrated for up to 12 hours. Apply daily onto clean skin after sun exposure. Non-sticky, non-greasy and extremely comfortable, this soothing, hydrating milk is instantly absorbed by the skin, leaving it lightly perfumed.

The Verdict:
Admittedly, I was drawn to the iridescent greeny blue of the bottle, plus the fact that it offered long-term hydration and cooling, but once I opened it the smell was also quite intriguing – until now, I can’t pin it down to one particular smell, but the closest I can describe it is...pina colada! Somewhat like pineapple with a hint of coconut...definitely very beach-ey. But I’ll be damned if I don’t end up dreaming of the beach everytime I smell this!

As far as the texture goes, it really does fit the description of a hydrating milk. It’s quite runny and literally dribbles out of the nozzle – I have to clean off the top each time after I use it. The watery texture also means that it’s really easy to apply, although I have to be quite careful not to get it on my clothes or have it drip...the spill factor is also quite high, so I’m not sure whether I would feel comfortable packing this to go on holiday at the risk of it spilling in my bag.

Besides the wonderful smell, this hydrating milk did provide some immediate skin relief. I have a really low tolerance for anything sticky on my skin, so this passes the stick test. The absorption rate of the hydrating milk is also pretty fast which is good.

However, it doesn’t quite deliver on its 12-hour hydration promise. After using it for over a week, the moisturising factor only lasts for about half the promised time. Not too bad, but they shouldn’t have made claims they couldn’t back up. I probably would get this again since it DOES smell really nice, but it just goes to show that you can’t really believe everything you read about a product.


Garnier Ambre Solaire After Sun Skin Soother Hydrating Milk comes in a 200ml bottle and is available at all major pharmacies and supermarkets.


Rating: 3.5 / 5
Value: $$

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9:11 am, March 26, 2009 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

I don't see a lot of garnier body products down here :) thanks for the review, I'll check this out, I am into body washes and great smelling bath products :)

 
At 10:59 am, March 26, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm...i dont think most of the lotions can deliver their claims. even my palmers or whatever lotions stay usually <4 hrs.

 
At 12:49 pm, March 26, 2009 , Blogger PB said...

Ok coconut = out for me. I like the young coconut drink but nothing else :P

 
At 12:36 pm, March 28, 2009 , Anonymous Cyndi said...

So this is available in Malaysia? All Garnier products which I have seen before are only the anti-ageing, the whitening and the Pure A(pure) range. Which pharmacy did you go to and bought this anyway?

 
At 1:16 am, March 29, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

askmewhats: I think you'll like this one! :)

prettybeautiful: some of those I've tried are pretty good, but I think I'm going to have to agree with you on that.

parisb: hehe...I guessed as much from your previous reviews! :D

cyndi: yup, it's available locally, but I haven't seen it very often though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home