Sunday 22 March 2009

Ins and Outs...

Tine tagged me on what my 5 ins and outs are at the moment. Well, she did say what I consider in and out, and not particularly mainstream...so this is purely my personal view k?

What’s In for Me:

1. Lipgloss – I love love LOVE my lipglosses, and as you can imagine, I have quite a few (this is just part of it, by the way). I think I need to join Lipglosses Anonymous...is there such a thing?

2. Radley – what’s a girl without her bags? I knew I was in trouble when the Robinsons in Gardens Midvalley set up their display of Radley bags...gorgeous soft leather, and a terrier as their trademark. Temptation was never so hard to resist!

3. Curvier stars – Beyonce Knowles and America Ferrera are hot property nowadays, and both are a refreshing change from the usual whippets we see in the industry. Beautiful, curvy and smart...now that’s a good role model.

4. Purple eyeshadow – one of my absolute favourite colours, and fortunately, one of the colours I can carry off quite well. I’ve also just discovered a gorgeous eyeliner in plum which is also going into my arsenal...LOL!

5. Malaysia participating in Earth Hour – it’s about high time we do our part, so for those in Malaysia...you know what you’re supposed to be doing this coming Saturday yeah?


What’s Out for Me:

1. MAC's Collections – I’m sure I’m going to get blasted for this, but there’s a good reason this is on my list. First it was MAC Barbie, then MAC Dame Edna, and now the dominatrix-looking feline that seriously bordered on the brink of giving me nightmares when I saw the promotion setup. What’s with all the tie-ups? And at the prices they’re going for here, I may just choke myself or have a heart attack.

2. Overdoing it – it’s true what they say...money can buy the most expensive makeup and clothing in the world, but nothing in the world can help you if you’re going to heap it all on at once!

3. Pastels – don’t get me wrong, pastel makeup is gorgeous...but I’ll be damned if it doesn’t make me look washed out and sallow. Oh, and matte pastel nail polish? Don’t even go there...

4. Unstable Internet – what is up with the Internet connection nowadays? It keeps dropping, or the speed is ridiculously SLOW! Get with it, ISPs!

5. Carrot jeans – how does anyone make that cut of jeans look good? If you don’t have hips, they make you look disproportionate and if you DO have hips...oh dear...


And … that’s it! Here are my taggies…

ParisB of MyWomenStuff
Kahani and Syen of So Loverly
Nikki of Askmewhats
Connie of Skindeco
Xin of Pretty Beautiful


And even if I didn’t tag you, please feel free to nick this for your own – the more the merrier! :)

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 4:59 am, March 23, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for curvy girls! :D I love America Ferrera :)

 
At 11:48 am, March 23, 2009 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

yay! I got tagged! :D I shall find time to do it. I actually have a few other tags under my draft and I'm not even done with those. >.<

 
At 2:19 pm, March 23, 2009 , Blogger PB said...

I hear you on MAC! And Radley is super cute - but also quite expensive for what you get sigh...

Thanks for the tag!

 
At 11:28 am, March 24, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

will do this tag too! :D never seen radley before..am i very very out? =/

 
At 3:51 am, March 29, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

tine: love her, not to mention that uber-fab dress on beyonce!

cedric: thanks!

connie: oh I have that too...just that this one was quite fun... :D

parisb: but the radley dog is just too cute....sigh!! can't wait to see your selections!

prettybeautiful: don't worry about it - I didn't know about it until quite recently either! hehe...

 
At 11:35 pm, April 05, 2009 , Anonymous Vonvon said...

I agree with you about the unstable Internet. In fact, there is no one good internet provider in this country. Feels like living in a fourth world country. Even in Ukraine, yea, Ukraine has much much better and faster Internet connection than here! And never drops!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home