Monday 23 March 2009

My Lipgloss Addiction...

While doing the last tag, I realised that my lipgloss collection has been growing some since I came back from Australia. They’re all over my room, car, desk, bag(s)...when I scrabbled through the various ones I had in my makeup cases, I managed to find TWENTY EIGHT glosses...and that’s not even counting those at my office, in my bag, my car – or lipbalms and lipsticks for that matter (but that will be a post for another time!)

For now, I thought I’d just share the basic collection with you...enjoy! :) I’m starting off with the ‘tubes’ first...

1. Clinique Colour Surge Impossibly Glossy Gloss in Azalea
2. MAC Lip Gelee in Jellicious
3. Boots Caribbean Cocktail Bite the Berry Lip Gloss in Raspberry & Strawberry
4. Maybelline Shinylicious Duos in Two to Tango Mango
5. The Body Shop Lip Bloom
6. Estee Lauder Pure Pops Brush-On Colour in Sugar Pie
7. Silkygirl Juicy Fruity Brush-On Gloss in Juicy Glitter
8. Lancome Juicy Tubes in Prune
9. Maybelline Fruity Jelly lipgloss in Flamengo Rose
10. Lancome Juicy Tubes in Fraise

These are my staples – the stick glosses are my favourite design to carry around, simply because they’re so slim and are so easy to slip into my bag.

11. Silk Naturals Private Reserve Lip Gloss in Summer Fling
12. NYX Diamond Sparkle Lipgloss in Red Sparkle
13. Stage Wondergloss lipgloss in Helen
14. Paul & Joe Lip Gloss in Bonbon Acidule
15. Stila It Gloss in Inviting
16. NYX Girls Gloss in Golden Prune
17. The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain in #02
18. Lancome Color Fever Gloss in Fuschia Koh Lan
19. Revlon Superlustrous Lipgloss in Glossy Rose
20. Models Prefer Lipgloss

Last but definitely not least are the potted and random kinds that don’t quite fit into the two categories above. I have a thing for palettes...they’re probably the best way to try out various shades, not to mention the mix and match options are virtually limitless!

21. L’Oreal Le Gloss Shimmering Lip Gloss in Toffee Melt
22. The Body Shop Lip Gloss pot (the label peeled off and I can’t remember what the name of the shade was, but it’s a lovely red stain)
23. Rolly Lip Smacker in Coca Cola
24. Revlon Shiny Sheers in Sheer Plumdrop
25. The Body Shop Lip Click
26. MAC Novel Twist in 3 Plum Lips (Scribbles, New York Apple and Dark Side)
27. Revlon Mix & Mingle lip palette in Chatty Cherry
28. Origins Libra Lips Lip Duo in Autumn Foliage


And there you have it. I’ve included links to the ones I’ve done reviews on, but if you’d like me to review any one of the others in particular, do let me know and I’ll be happy to oblige. :) My absolute favourites? Those would be the ones that I have multiple shades of...and the kind you seem to always see me using. It’s not because I haven’t finished a tube after so long, but rather because I loved it so much I bought a replacement once it ran out...LOL...


What’s the lipgloss you absolutely have to have? I’m always on the lookout for new glosses, so give me a few ideas for my next lipgloss!

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

At 11:20 am, March 23, 2009 , Blogger Kahani said...

hahahah

Oh my I'm planning a lipbalm/lipgloss post this week. A great find in my opinion. =P

Also man girl I'm amazed you too the time to photograph and label all your glosses. I'm afraid to count my stash. Eek!

 
At 11:48 am, March 23, 2009 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

Love love love lipglosses that I really need to stop buying them *sighs* since I always stick to just one type of color. Lol.

Umm... I love nude-ish lipglosses since my lips are pale. Any bright glosses will make me look like a clown.

 
At 1:17 pm, March 23, 2009 , Blogger PB said...

I probably have a grand total of 2 lip glosses :P Ok maybe 3 max? I'm just not into them but when I do wear them, unlike Connie, the brighter the better!

 
At 3:15 pm, March 23, 2009 , Blogger Jenn said...

Ahh, my fellow lipgloss addict!! Hehe!! :D Where didcha get your TBS cheek stain? I've never seen this shade before! (they only have the 01 usually)!! It looks really nice!!

I don't have as many lipglosses as you do, but i seriously need to stop buying them! Like my husband says, i have only one mouth! hahaha! :D

 
At 3:17 pm, March 23, 2009 , Blogger Vivien said...

love to have some of those, the lancome juicy etc

 
At 5:18 pm, March 23, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Join the lipgloss club! :D My current fave is the Sephora one which I got during my honeymoon. I just threw that into my basket without testing it, and thank goodness the colour's just gorgeous :p

 
At 9:20 pm, March 23, 2009 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

Girl!!!! You do have a lot of glosses! I don't have a lot of lip products (shockers) as compared to my eyeshadow collection, I think I don't own a lot of them as they don't last on me! LOL and I'm not into sticky gloss, but the P&J gloss definitely is a winner. Stila too!

 
At 10:37 pm, March 23, 2009 , Blogger aichaku-愛着 said...

cool collection of lip glosses!! i love lip gloss too, i only avoid \the sticky kind.

 
At 11:32 am, March 24, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! babe! the lip gloss collection is scary! hmm i think so far i have 5 or 6 lying around but i have a tendency on losing lip gloss =/

hmm what about victoria secret lip gloss? eheh

 
At 12:42 am, March 26, 2009 , Blogger Bijin Blair said...

Bee, I'm impressed!

 
At 7:34 pm, March 26, 2009 , Blogger Beauty Addict said...

Hi Beetrice, I love lipglosses as well! :) totally addicted to them..had like 40+ at my last count..eep..can seem to stop buying them..

Anyway, can u please review
14. Paul & Joe Lip Gloss in Bonbon Acidule

Thanks! :)
gracie

 
At 1:44 am, March 29, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

kahani: haha...I'll be waiting to see your stash!! :D

connie: I realised I also gravitate to certain shades too - but it's always good to try something different from time to time..hehe..

parisb: you're the lipstick queen babe! hehe...if we were to see your lipstick collection, hoo boy... :D

jenn: yay for fellow gloss addict! :D the TBS lip & cheek stain was a gift, so I'm not sure where it's available.

vivien: no time like the present to try them out! :)

tine: hehe...you were the inspiration for this post! not to mention after you said sephora, I'm so dreaming of going back there!!

askmewhats: teeheehee...everyone's got a stash of something - mine's glosses...and I have a sneaky suspicion yours is e/s and nail colours! LOL...

aichaku: thank you! it really depends on the gloss, because I find the sticky ones last a lot longer.

prettybeautiful: scary? really? :D I haven't had the chance to try VS lip gloss yet..soon hopefully!

blair: haha..I was shocked when I put it all in the same place!

beauty addict: hey gracie! FORTY odd lipglosses? gosh..that's so cool! will get around to the P&J gloss rite away... :)

 
At 10:56 am, April 01, 2009 , Blogger kyliemc said...

can do u a review on MAC Lip Gelee in Jellicious, The Body Shop Lip Bloom, Stage Wondergloss lipgloss in Helen & The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain in #02?

hehe..i'm lipgloss freak too...but i've never used the above products. i'm interested in buying them but if it's not that good, it's better that i buy others..

thanks for your help!! :D

 
At 1:52 pm, May 02, 2009 , Blogger Harim Hamdan said...

hi beatrice,
can i know how much is the Stage gloss?

btw, can you reply at my blog?
http://trianax.blogspot.com

thank you so much
:)

 
At 12:22 am, June 20, 2009 , Blogger Axtar said...

Hey! :) Your post turned up when I was googling up Silkygirl Juicy Fruity Brush-On Gloss - any chance of you doing a mini review on it? Am thinking of getting one but am not sure if it's good. ^^;;

Also, if it isn't too much trouble, do you have any recommendations for a gloss that's not too sticky or expensive? I'm looking for something sheer, but am kind of new to using lip gloss and all. Sorry for the long comment!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home