Wednesday 23 May 2012

Melbourne Haul – Part 1: Cosmetics!

Now that I’ve finally had a bit of time to sort through all the stuff I brought back, I realised my purchases fell into rather distinct categories! What to do, I’m probably quite a creature of habit eh? :P

Anyhoo, I thought I’d share the cosmetics bit with you today (I’ll save the bigger bottles and tubes for the next part)…some of the items were bought and some were given, but they’re all gorgeous! :D

First up are the nail polishes – can’t believe I came back with 13 bottles! *shock*

Top Row (L-R): Ulta3 in Orchid, Sally Hansen Gem Crush in Lady Luck and Big Money, Revlon Matte Suede in Fire Fox and Emerald City, Revlon Starry Pink
Bottom Row (L-R): Essence Nail Polish in Blue Addicted (finally!!), Australis Crystal colour Top Coat, some purple shimmer polish (I can’t quite make out the name of because the bottle leaked over the label), Ozotic Elytra 530, BYS Matte Topcoat, SAX nail polish in No.54, Maybelline Mini Colorama in 135 Tart

I also picked up several boxes of Sally Hansen Salon Effects since they were on sale – at Target it was 40% off at one point, and some were on cheap sale at the local chemists. On the left are press on wraps that have 3D patterns on them…I might just try the Kiss Nail Dress ones for the Gaga concert next week!

Next up is mascaras and eyeshadows – Tina kindly let me try the Face of Australia Impact Curl mascara (which the Aussie ladies have been raving about), and I picked up the Australis Voluptulash mascara on Tine’s recommendation. The fat red tube is Maybelline’s One by One Volume mascara which I believe was a limited edition (with the corset print). The Chanel and Innoxa eyeshadows were inherited from Tine, and OMG they’re absolutely gorgeous colours!

One of the more expensive items in my cosmetic stash this visit – an Ellis Faas Eye Light pen…I tried it on at the Becca (I mistook Becca for Mecca *smacks forehead*) Mecca Cosmetics outlet, and fell in love with the colour. :D

Last but definitely not least would be all the lip products…there are a few too many in the photo below to name in sequence, so you’ll just have to match the product to the photo, yeah?

Face of Australia Lip Quench in Forbidden Fruit and Malibu Barbie (thanks Tina!), Nature’s Care Pawpaw lipbalm, Blistex Silk & Shine lipbalm, Face of Australia Sheer Gloss Lip Crayons in Sundae and Cupcake, Crabtree & Evelyn Lip Butters in Pomegranate & Grapeseed and Citron Creme & Honey (both of these smell and taste so good, I should have bought more!), Dior Addict Lip Maximiser (bought on the plane to Australia) and a bunch of U3 lipglosses.

And there you have it…I don’t think I did too badly right? There’s still a whole pile of body and hand creams, lotions, body products, face mists, oils and more to go through… :D 

So tell me, did anything in this pile catch your eye? *wink*

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 1:36 pm, May 23, 2012 , Anonymous xin said...

crabtree & evelyn lip butter? O_o i have never seen it before! and that's quite some stuff u bought :P can easily last you for 3 years supply, esp the polishes

 
At 2:30 pm, May 23, 2012 , Anonymous Tine said...

Damn that's quite a haul ;)

PS: The leaked purple polish is from Color Club :)

 
At 3:27 pm, May 23, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh oh oh, what becca cosmetic outlet??

 
At 8:06 am, May 24, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi....loved your haul. Would you be able to tell me where the Becca cosmetics outlet is...plls....:)

 
At 10:39 am, May 24, 2012 , Blogger beetrice said...

xin: 3 years? Probably, but who's counting? :p The lip butters aren't available here, so had to get!

tine: LOL that's just part of it, haven't gotten to the heavier stuff yet! :P Oooh..and thanks for the name, been trying to figure it out!

sdevarax: It's Mecca, not Becca *smacks self for mistake*..I went to the outlet in Brighton!

anonymous: Thanks! I got the name mixed up though (silly me!), it's Mecca Cosmetics and I went to the one in Brighton! :D

 
At 12:25 am, May 25, 2012 , Anonymous milktea said...

Nice haul of nail polish! I see Revlons and SallyHansens which are not available in Malaysia (as usual) :p

Is MeccaCosmetica better than Sephora Malaysia in terms of product range and overall?

 
At 11:21 am, May 25, 2012 , Blogger plue said...

sally hansen's gorgeous, i wonder why don't we have this range here? C&E actually have lip butters?

and Ellis Faas!

 
At 10:26 am, May 29, 2012 , Blogger Shelnmum said...

The last time I was in Melbourne in Feb this year I brought back 8 bottles of nail polishes, and loads of stuff from Lush! And Inglot cosmetics too!:)And I also hauled 6 tubes of toothpaste from this little shop at QV Market, the Boss was like, "we are having a toothpaste party, aren't we?" :)Miss Melbourne...

 
At 5:40 pm, May 29, 2012 , Blogger beetrice said...

milktea: Hi hi, haven't seen you around in a while! :) Mecca is a lot smaller and more selective with their brands, and usually the upper range of makeup while Sephora carries end to end ;)

plue: I don't know why either, but for the C&E I think it may be because of the hot weather (it would melt!) Can't wait to give Ellis Faas a run! ;)

shelnmum: Whoa that's quite a haul, and toothpaste too? :P Must've been quite hot in Feb as well, but I hope you had a good time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home