Monday 23 April 2012

Budget Manicure with Color Combos – a not-so-bleak winter’s day…

If you’re wondering about the title, it’s because I couldn’t come up with a better title to describe this manicure – this really does describe the colour to a ‘T’ (or at least, it does in my opinion).

The colours I used were a grey creme and a bluish jelly polish with blue and silver glitter (I suck at descriptions!), both from Color Combos (shown above without and with flash). Why budget? Because Color Combos, which you can find at Sasa, retail at about RM5 per bottle. How’s that for cheap?

In terms of coverage, the grey creme worked great – what you see above is just one coat of polish.

Once the grey dried, I layered on two coats of the bluish glitter and finished with a coat of Seche Vite. What you end up with is something that looks like little flakes of snow on a grey wintry day – and I happen to love snow, so a grey winter with snow isn’t bleak right? Oh don’t mind me, I’m rambling here… :P

No flash

With flash

For the price, I really can’t complain…and they’ve lasted for over 4 days without chipping! :D Only problem is, now I'm pining for this kind of weather…who knows, maybe I'll get a dose of it in Melbourne?

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 11:12 am, April 23, 2012 , Anonymous rinnah said...

Having seen it yesterday, I'd say this mani looks prettier in real life/sunlight. The colors remind me a bit of OPI's I Have A Herring Problem.

Yay for budget finds though! :D

 
At 11:51 am, April 23, 2012 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

Gray cream is such a lovely color!!!! I love the combination you've done Bee!

 
At 2:46 pm, April 23, 2012 , Blogger beetrice said...

rinnah: Can't seem to get the damn camera to capture the true glitter *noob* these were the best shots! :S the I Have A Herring Problem has finer glitter that sinks into the polish, so not quite the same (although I can see where you're coming from!)

Yay for budget finds too! :D

askmewhats: Wasn't something I'd usually wear since I feel it clashes with my skin tone, but who knew? Thanks Nikki! :D

 
At 11:33 pm, April 24, 2012 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

Hey, nice combo! Very pretty! :D

 
At 1:30 pm, April 26, 2012 , Blogger beetrice said...

connie: thanks! was surprisingly easy to do as well, just not as easy to get off! :P

 
At 8:42 am, May 18, 2012 , Blogger Sherry said...

Wow love it so pretty in blue

Mymomsbest.us

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home