Friday 27 April 2012

Giving Sleeping Beauty a run for her money with the Dermalogica Overnight Repair Serum…

About a month back, I was invited to hear more about the latest addition to the Dermalogica AGESmart family – the Overnight Repair Serum and was kindly given a bottle to try out. After using it for a few weeks now, I figured it was time to share my thoughts on this nifty little product.

Description:
Dermalogica Overnight Repair Serum is a powerful peptide serum with Argan and Rose oils to help stimulate cellular repair overnight. Maximise night time skin repair to help minimise fine lines and increase luminosity. Smooth this serum into skin or blend with your night time treatment cream for dramatic age-fighting benefits: the supercharged peptide serum helps stimulate collagen production to help firm and renew resilience while potent Argan and Rose oils revitalise lacklustre skin and smooth away fine lines. Free of artificial fragrances and colours.

The Verdict:
Design-wise, the serum comes in a small (but solid!) opaque screw-top bottle with a relatively large opening at the top as you can see from the picture above. However, dispensing the serum is a breeze – all you have to do is tip the bottle upside down (no need to shake, just be patient and the serum will come out in drops).

At first sniff, the serum actually has a pretty strong scent – I can’t quite put my finger on it, but I think it’s from the Vitamin E and Rose Hip Seed oil in the formula. It doesn’t bother me though, and feels a bit like aromatherapy since I feel quite relaxed after smelling this. To be honest, the serum should really be classified more as oil than a serum since it is essentially a runny oil (see above) and behaves as such.

The instructions recommend 4-6 drops for your face, but I believe 4 drops (which is the amount you see in my palm above) is more than sufficient for my face and neck especially when blended with my moisturiser. I’ve tried patting it directly into my skin and mixing it with my moisturiser, and both methods seem to work fine. The serum is absorbed quickly, and I wake up to almost glowing skin in the morning.

Given that I have a super oily T-Zone but dry cheeks, this serum has actually helped to even out the oilies somewhat so that I wake up to a less-oily T-Zone and nicely moisturised cheeks (Didn’t know you could use oils on oily skin right? I didn’t either!). Did I become a sleeping beauty? LOL maybe not, but my skin feels pretty darn close to it!

The Overnight Repair Serum is supposed to help increase skin elasticity, firmness and collagen renewal while minimising discolouration. I can’t say I’ve noticed drastic improvement in my skin texture in the past 3 weeks or so, but I’m majorly happy with the morning-after effect, the frown lines between my eyes have stayed away (despite major stress at work) and I reckon my jawline has gotten a teeny bit more defined (or maybe it’s a placebo effect, but either way I’m not complaining!)

Of course, if you want maximum results, Dermalogica recommends that you go for their free Face Mapping® skin analysis and AGE Smart® prescription, but for now I’m quite satisfied with the results from this serum and am happy to continue using it.

Ingredient list for those interested

As with most Dermalogica products, this serum doesn’t come cheap but it is worth the SG$138 you’d have to fork over. While 15ml may sound like a tiny amount, you only use a few drops at a time – I estimate this little bottle will last me a good 6 months at least.


Dermalogica Overnight Repair Serum retails at SG$138 for a 15ml bottle, and is available from all Dermalogica outlets or authorised spas and salons. Alternatively, it is also available from the Bellabox website.


Rating: 4 / 5
Value: $$$

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 6:28 pm, April 27, 2012 , Anonymous rinnah said...

I'm using this and loving it too! :D

 
At 9:17 pm, April 30, 2012 , Blogger toughcookie said...

i have always ALWAYS loved dermalogica products. however, i have put off buying them because the sales people are so darn pushy. i think it is in their training, perhaps? they push you to buy products in addition to what you intended to buy and i don't like that they expect all customers to be their member. i have not visited any aster springs outlets anymore and not quite familiar with the new products but i am sure they all work well.

 
At 11:26 am, May 14, 2012 , Blogger beetrice said...

rinnah: Yay *high five* :D

toughcookie: I hear you on the pushy sales people, can't really comment on that since I haven't experienced it firsthand though but definitely no complaints on their products! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home