Sunday 5 April 2009

~H2O+™ Face Oasis™ Hydrating Treatment...

In early Feb we had an event with ~H2O+™ at Pavilion (get a refresh of the event here), where I got a tub of ~H2O+™ Face Oasis™ Hydrating Treatment to test out. It’s been about two months since then, and I’ve been using this quite regularly, so I figured it was about time to do this product justice.

Description:
A moisture-intensive treatment gel that hydrates skin instantly, day or night. A penetrating liposome delivery system and Sea Mineral Complex™ help attract, transport and distribute moisture equivalent to eight glasses of water, hydrating skin while at the same time firming and diminishing the appearance of fine lines. Marine extracts of wakame, sea lettuce, and sea fennel, provide vitamins A, C, E and Provitamin B nourish and protect the skin.
  • Sea Mineral Complex™ - Comprised of sea-derived sodium, magnesium, potassium and calcium. Works as a moisture transportation system to maximize the delivery of sea botanicals, extracts and other key ingredients.
  • Sea Fennel – Containing vitamins A, C and E, it has antioxidant, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. Encouraging the reproduction of collagen and elastin, it also increases circulation and energizes the skin. Combined with sea fennel and sea lettuce it protects, smoothes and softens by delivering an intensive level of hydration to skin.
  • Lavender – Plant used for its stimulating, invigorating and freshening benefits to the skin.
  • Vitamin C – Ascorbic Acid. This material has antioxidant properties and is used to clarify and brighten skin.
  • Wakame – Containing vitamins A, C and E, it has antioxidant properties and activates the forming of collagen and elastin. Combined with sea fennel and sea lettuce it protects, smoothes and softens by delivering an intensive level of hydration to skin.
  • Vitamin A – Retinyl Palmitate. Used to help increase the skins elasticy.Softens and smooths the skin. Has antioxidant properties.
  • Sea Lettuce – Containing vitamins A and C, it not only has antioxidant properties, but also energizes the skin and helps it reproduce collagen and elastin. Combined with sea fennel and sea lettuce, it protects, smoothes and softens by delivering an intensive level of hydration to skin.
  • Provitamin B – A vitamin B complex that has moisturizing properties to help restore and maintain natural skin moisture. A cellular nutrient, it not only has anti-inflammatory properties but also soothes irritated skin and promotes skin hydration and the tightening of skin.

Directions:
As a moisturiser, apply to cleansed skin in AM/PM. As a mask, spread a thin layer over face and neck. Allow to absorb 5 minutes and massage in excess.


The Verdict:
Looks-wise, the ~H2O+™ Face Oasis™ Hydrating Treatment comes in a lovely glass jar that’s lightly frosted. Admittedly it’s rather heavy which makes it a less likely candidate for travelling. However, the first thing that I saw when I opened up the jar was that the product comes with a dam, or plastic stopper for hygienic purposes – I found this rather odd since after taking off the stopper, it doesn’t actually come with a scoop or anything to take out the gel with which sort of makes the stopper a bit defunct. Fortunately, I had a plastic spatula from a product I had finished up previously, so I used that instead.

Another thing that got me was how blue the gel was in the jar – I must say, since I hadn’t had any prior contact with ~H2O+ skincare products, so I wasn’t sure how my skin would react to this. There was also a rather strong marine scent, which reminds me of the sea (if it was produced as a fragrance, that is!). It didn’t bother me too much though.

Texture-wise, ~H2O+™ Face Oasis™ Hydrating Treatment is a thick water-based gel. When I placed a small dollop on my hand and tilted my hand, the dollop started sliding around almost immediately leaving a liquidy trail that was absorbed quite fast. This is pretty good since I don’t like face care products that have to be rubbed in – the only exception for me is sunscreen since that’s a necessity!

The great part about this product is that it provides almost instant relief if you have dry skin. I found that this was quite enough to keep my skin sufficiently moisturised while I slept, and woke up with plumped up skin – when ~H2O+ promises the equivalent of 8 glasses of water, they definitely deliver! It DOES take a while to be completely absorbed though, so if you’re in a hurry this product may not be ideal for you.

~H2O+™ Face Oasis™ Hydrating Treatment keeps my skin well-hydrated at night, but for day-time use this is a bit much for my oily skin to handle (for some odd reason, my makeup kept sliding off when I use this) so I’ll stick to my usual Clinique moisturiser in the mornings.

I love what it’s done for my skin so far – gone are the small dry spots I had along my jawline, and one jar lasts quite long. After two months of use once daily, there’s still a good one third left. As far as I’m concerned, I’ll be keeping this around for quite a while.


~H2O+™ Face Oasis™ Hydrating Treatment retails at RM159 for a 50ml jar and is available at all ~H2O+ outlets nationwide.


Rating: 4 / 5
Value: $$$

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 9:05 pm, April 05, 2009 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

I love any face product that has this type of texture..gel-like! Looks very moisturizing and relieving :)

 
At 3:34 am, April 06, 2009 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

love this stuff! and my jar is finishing soon -_-

 
At 9:06 am, April 06, 2009 , Anonymous prettybeautiful said...

hey after reading all the good comments on u girls' blog, i think i am quite convinced about the 8 glasses of water claim.

 
At 12:45 am, April 07, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so weird! The key makeup artist on set of Percy Jackson being filmed in Vancouver had her kit stuffed with Riversol products! I tried buying them at Beautymark in yaletown like she said but they are sold out completely! help!! This line is unreal and cheap :)

 
At 3:27 am, April 08, 2009 , Blogger yummy* said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:35 am, April 08, 2009 , Anonymous Tine said...

I've seen this at Box Hill. I definitely wanna give this a go :)

 
At 6:28 am, April 10, 2009 , Blogger yummy* said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:29 pm, April 10, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

askmewhats: definitely worth checking out if it's available.. :)

connie: so fast?? mine's still going strong.. :)

prettybeautiful: I can let you try some if you want..let me know?

devan: leave a comment, but kindly do not use this space for "free advertising"

anonymous: I've never tried the products, and I don't think they're available here..

yummy*: leave a comment, but kindly do not use this space for "free advertising"

 
At 8:28 am, April 11, 2009 , Blogger yummy* said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:59 am, April 12, 2009 , Blogger yummy* said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:30 pm, April 14, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

yummy*: I do not appreciate that you have continued to post "advertisements" on this article despite the friendly request. Your comments have all been deleted. Kindly take your comments elsewhere.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home