Wednesday 31 December 2008

Reflecting on the year that was…

Wow…in a blink of an eye, the year has just flown by…and looking back, it’s been a pretty eventful year. For one, I wasn’t sure whether I was going to keep this reviews site (obviously, I have!) and it’s led to some pretty awesome things. :) So instead of boring you with even more text, I’ll bring you a few of my favourites for this year…

I had a revamp of the site design which came about after an extended hiatus and Chinese New Year…and was inspired by a cousin to do a review of the contents of my handbag (man, that one gave me a couple of revelations!)

My
review of The Body Shop’s Vitamin C Skin Boost got some really surprising responses which I wasn’t expecting…of course, after that I was coerced into divulging my skincare dos and don’ts (which unveiled some previously-hidden bad habits…errgghh)

Getting featured alongside PB in NST was a big honour… :) And so was trying falsies for the first time (eyelashes, that is!)

I got to meet with some lovely bloggers in the process…
Jessie, Connie, Prettybeautiful, Rinnah, Plue, Kahani and Syen are just some of the babes I met throughout the year…and I’m looking forward to meeting even more!

I managed to travel not just to London and Barcelona, but to Bangkok too!

Got the inside look at a new
makeup brand Stage, which I’m sure some of you all are loving as much as I am!

And last but definitely not least, a chance meeting with an old acquaintance that has blossomed into an obsession with clothes!! *eeeps*…
Paperdoll clothes, to be specific. :)


So that was in a nutshell, 2008…and I’m looking forward to the coming year!! Are you?

6 Comments:

At 9:53 pm, December 31, 2008 , Blogger plue said...

i'm looking forward to a better paycheck, at least 1 vacation, more MU(i'm nuts!) and uh, a healthier me!

my mental state isn't very good, need to work on it :P Physical, i am too lazy!

Happy New Year my dear!

 
At 1:08 am, January 01, 2009 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

Happy new year Bee!:) Thanks for the Message :) I was surprised :) I love your reflection on the year 2008!I'm sure the coming 2009 will be even better :)

 
At 5:00 am, January 01, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job on the past year on your blog babes. Looking forward to more :)

Happy new year *hugs*

 
At 12:27 am, January 03, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

plue: i hear ya babe...happy new year to you too!! btw, lemme know when you get back to your ofc k? *wink*

askmewhats: hehe..always unexpected eh? ;) here's to a brilliant year ahead!! *hugz*

tine: I loved your list too babe! Happy New Year, and I'll see you soon!! (yay!!)

 
At 12:14 pm, January 03, 2009 , Blogger plue said...

i will be back in office on 5th Jan. And the crazy workload starts! I think it'll be crazier after CNY, so... have to work harder dy! :P

 
At 6:48 pm, January 06, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

plue: cool!! just sent my dispatch over...keep an eye out! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home