Sunday 14 December 2008

MySimplifieds – Classifieds Made Simple…

** I'm back from my short hiatus, so we're back to our regular programming…thanks for being so patient!

If you were at the Curve on Saturday, did you happen to see people walking around with these paper bags?

Anyway, I can finally talk about this beta-testing project that I’ve been working on for the past month – MySimplifieds. It’s a new site for buying and selling items…and the best part is, it’s a streamlined site that was based on the feedback of real people. And yes, they may be a client of mine, but I have to say that I really like the fact that they really did take the feedback to heart and adjusted the site to what you see today. :)

On Saturday, all the beta-testers were invited to the bazaar at the Curve to indulge in a special shopping spree. The catch? The money was given in ALL RM1 notes, and had to be spent within 2 hours.


Cold hard cash!!

With all the little boutique stores at the Curve weekend bazaars, you can imagine they all had a whole lot of fun running around spending their moola on whatever they wanted – with some hilarious results!


Rachael (owner of funkshop55) deconstructed her MySimplifieds T-shirt…and it looked awesome!


Hsu Jen and her friends had fun posing too


Randy found some time to pose for a bit while spending his cash


Wilson Chin (he kept asking me “you remember my name or not??”…so yeah, see, I remembered your name!!)


Rinnah and her MySimplifieds paper bag…who wouldn’t be happy with free spending money right?


KC with his wife and son Ethan (why are there so many people naming their babies Ethan this year??) – and from what I heard, Ethan got the bulk of the moola spent on him…lucky baby!!


Paris and Pinkelle incognito as usual… :) By the way, the door curtain Paris got was absolutely gorgeous!

The most unique shopper of the day award would HAVE to go to KY, who blew his dough on just ONE item – this chef statue which cost RM200 (and this was AFTER bargaining!)

At the end of the two hours, everyone had to check back in with their purchases and balance (which was mostly made up of 10sen coins! I think there was less than RM2 change in TOTAL from 17 beta-testers!! LOL!!)

Of course, what’s an event without at least one photo with me in it? :D I managed to grab a pic with Connie, Plue and Erna. This was also my first time meeting Plue face to face thanks to Connie – and she’s a lovely person! She referred to me as the “big sis kind” in her blog post (err…how that came about I have no idea, but we had a good time catching up over lunch with the others as well)

As for me, I managed to pick up a few items as well…two of which are the two tops above – they’re nice and thin, so they’re perfect for the local heat. The colours were just so pretty as well…can’t wait to get around to wearing them!

Do go and check out MySimplifieds k? Postings are free at present, and there’s a cool contest running from now till 8th Jan where you can win stuff like Nokia phones, PSPs and an Xbox. Also, the Nokia XpressMusic 5800 is also up for pre-orders ONLY on MySimplifieds, so if you’ve been lemming for one, you know where to go! :)

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 6:55 am, December 15, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww it all looked like great fun. Great haul of caftans! :)

 
At 9:18 am, December 15, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

awww everyone definitely had a great time! PRETTY!!!! All pretty gals !I want to be there!!!!

 
At 9:56 am, December 15, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice tops. how come i didnt see much nice tops there? i must have missed it :(

p/s: i like the way how Rachael modded her shirt, so funky. saw the shirt and i was like: i should do that too!!!

 
At 10:23 am, December 15, 2008 , Blogger plue said...

i suppose it's because of the little "work" chat :P

so far, i have got no friends working in the industry yet :P

so ur the first! yay!

 
At 10:25 am, December 15, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh those look like very pretty tops! I was too lazy to look at clothes so I went for accessories instead and baby clothes for friends - awesome selections and so darned cute!

 
At 11:25 am, December 15, 2008 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

such a fun outing! I was totally parched when I got home. next day I really raided Daiso again and spent like another 45 bucks >.<

my bazaar attack clothes... 1/4 of them couldn't fit me well *sighs* so my bf's sister was really lucky!

 
At 2:07 pm, December 15, 2008 , Blogger KY said...

I love my little chef! :D

 
At 10:53 pm, December 16, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me smart... I spent it all... no change left! Wahahahaha...

Eh, how come no pic of prettybeautiful wan?

 
At 6:13 pm, December 17, 2008 , Blogger vialentino said...

wah....how nice i got free cash to spent....sumore within 2 hrs...

 
At 7:24 pm, December 17, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

tine: wasn't sure whether they passed the "caftan" definition... :D it was fun though!

askmewhats: get your butt over to KL, pronto! :)

prettybeautiful: it was same row as the mysimplifieds stall, at the end..hehe..but you got some pretty good buys too mah!

plue: hmm...haha...so funny hor, working in the same area and still never bump into each other.. :p

parisb: ooo...I'm sure your friend's baby will look adorable in those!

connie: I think you better move to this area liao..*giggles*..I got spare room if you want..LOL!

KY: eh, your 'little' chef damn heavy k!! :D the table nearly collapsed!

rinnah: err...cos I dun have any pictures of her wor - only of her bag (!!)

vialentino: yeah it was plenty of fun! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home