Monday 22 December 2008

Paperdoll Boutique - I *heart*…

Who’d have thought a chance meeting would have burnt a big hole in my pocket??


It all started when we met during the auditions for “Something Funny Happened on the Way to the Forum” waaaayy back in…1999 I think? Long story short, she got a part, I didn’t (which I’m quite thankful about after hearing about the fiasco!) but that was it – or so I thought.

A couple of months back, I got waylaid by this busty, bubbly lady at the Benefit warehouse sale who I thought looked quite familiar. Lo and behold, we got reacquainted...and as they say – the rest is history! I’d heard of Paperdoll before, and was seriously drooling over their designs already…so imagine my surprise when I found out she was the owner! LOL!!

Needless to say, I didn’t need any more encouragement to make my first purchase on her site – expedited by almost “instant” give-me-when-I-see-you-for-mamak delivery…hehe…


I lurve this top…it doesn’t make me overheat! (RM55)

Of course, that’s not the big news. The major announcement is that Paperdoll boutique now has it's first storefront at Tropicana City Mall!!


Tres chic, no? And so Ms Jo too…I love what she’s done with the store interior…

I dropped by to check out the outlet last Friday, and hoo boy, since it was still a little quiet, we had a field day! She had these ‘ooolala’ corset tops for sale, which to me looked rather dominatrix on the rack…but I must say, I did like the end-result…


Okay, okay…I obviously don’t look as hawt as the mannequin…LOL…

But the best part? I think I’ve just found THE Christmas outfit for me…I told Ms Jo she’s a real devil’s spawn for tempting me with all the designs in her shop, but this I seriously could not resist when I tried it on…


What do y’all think? Am I ready for my Christmas party? :D


The only gripes I have are about Tropicana City Mall itself, since my short trip there left me thinking it must be one of the most badly-managed shopping malls I’ve seen. But I’ll save that for a separate post.

In the meantime, do go drop by Ms Jo’s boutique…and let’s see if you can resist her designs! *teeheehee*


Paperdoll Boutique
Lot L1-43, 1st Floor,
Tropicana City Mall,
3, Jalan SS20/27,
47400 Petaling Jaya

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

At 5:19 pm, December 22, 2008 , Blogger plue said...

bee! you look lovely! really!

aiyo! i want to go to their shop la! must go must go!

 
At 7:20 pm, December 22, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh la la! Bee! You look hawt! Betcha you'll turn heads everywhere you go! *grin*

Me wants to go to Paperdoll again! I'm soooooo tempted to drive there right now! Grrrrr....

 
At 10:19 pm, December 22, 2008 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

omg... the corset top is gorgeous! omg... omg!! how much is it? >.< aiyo... why must the store be in such an inaccessible place for me?

 
At 11:53 pm, December 22, 2008 , Blogger Jenn said...

You look really lovely in both outfits!! I especially like the corset!! it's perfect for CNY!! :D

 
At 12:15 am, December 23, 2008 , Blogger Kimberly Low said...

gorgeous! gorgeous clothes! i cant wait to go there!

 
At 8:45 am, December 23, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

*wolf whistles* BEE!!! I love love love Your Christmas outfit! Perfect!!! And that corset looks HOT HOT HOT!

 
At 9:20 am, December 23, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah the corset looks so nice!!! yr xmas dress is gorgeous. oh no i want to go also! how to go into the tropicana mall btw?

 
At 3:25 am, December 24, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the deco! And I'm with the rest, your Christmas outfit looked great on you. The red corset and tutu skirt would've been perfect for this party I attended the other day, if only I heard about it earlier huh? :)

 
At 2:45 pm, December 24, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kekekekekeke... i is evial.. but bee is hawtttt...kekekekeke.

 
At 3:03 pm, December 24, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

plue: thanks!! come laa...it's quite near my place too!

rinnah: hey, you went before I did!! :D

connie: i was so excited over the top, i forgot to ask the price... :s

jenn: aww, thanks babe! (altho i don't think my grandma will agree with you if i wear that back for CNY! LOL!)

kimberlycun: girl, you so HAVE to get your butt over there!! :)

askmewhats: thanks! *blushes* she told me that corset can actually be pulled tighter, but I was already passing out from the lack of oxygen..hehe..

prettybeautiful: you should check it out - the entrance is the same one you use to get to San Francisco Steakhouse...just under the ramp to the main entrance. their signages are super messy though...sigh...

missmall: thanks!! :) well...i'm sure if you bought it you'd FIND somewhere to wear it to right? *wink*

joanna: yes you is evial!!hehe...but since you brings in such nice clothes i suppose i can forgive you just this once..!!

 
At 4:48 pm, December 24, 2008 , Blogger plue said...

i definitely will go! but the traffic and parking! ugh!

i need clothessssss... :P

merry xmas my dear!

 
At 10:22 pm, December 25, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

U G L Y

 
At 10:31 pm, December 26, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

plue: i'm sure you'll find a way! :) merry christmas to you too!

anonymous:my my...aren't you the brave one, leaving nameless comments. you're not worth my time, so take your insipid comments to someone who gives a damn.

 
At 4:07 pm, December 30, 2008 , Blogger Kahani said...

Ooh PRETTY! You look so lovely, Bee! Love the corset.

*kicks anonymous in his/her's bitter ass*

Argh must. go. to Tropicana Mall!

 
At 3:12 am, January 05, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh i visited tropicanacity today and there was quite a crowd!
hmm...i quite like it wor....quite good tenants...Thefaceshop, thebodyshop was there..nichii too...perhaps u went too early n they have some hiccups freshly open?..

I went past paperdoll and it seemed closed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home