Monday 9 June 2008

Hunt for Cheap & Good Eyeshadows – Elianto Shimmer Shadow…

This is Part 3 of the Hunt for Cheap & Good Eyeshadow series. Full explanation of the series and Part 1 on Bloop de Paris can be found here, and Part 2 on Skin Food Vitamin Shadow can be found here.


The shade that was reviewed is #30 – Forest Green.

The Verdict:
Being the cheapest eyeshadow in this experiment so far, I wasn’t expecting much from this, but it did surprise me. The surface was smooth yet not powdery, and just a soft swipe was all it took to pick up the pigment. I did find that it took a bit more eyeshadow to build up to a similar colour as that of in the pan, but for RM5, what would you expect?

The shimmer aspect of this shadow is also quite well done – very subtle, and doesn’t flake off like the Maybelline eyeshadow I reviewed previously. Elianto has found a good formula for most of its shadows (and I say most because there are still some colours that feel a bit grainy to the touch). I also have their baked eyeshadow in a black shimmer, and that one has also held up quite well.

You can see the contrast of the Skin Food Vitamin Shadow to the Elianto shimmer shadow in terms of pigment quite clearly – I had to heap the Skin Food eyeshadow on compared to just a swipe of the Elianto shimmer shadow for almost the same opacity.

Even though the colour of the eyeshadow wasn’t something I’d usually pick for myself (I don’t wear much green, but when I do I love rich greens), it was definitely something I’d check out again. Elianto has an extensive range of colours for the shimmer shadows.

Admittedly some of the shades are a bit ‘young’ for my liking (dang!), but I wouldn’t mind trying out the Cool Aqua, Summer Silver and Crystal Plum sometime in the future. This one is definitely worth checking out the next time you pass by a Elianto outlet. :) And of course, if you’re the kind that loves to play around with different looks on a budget, Elianto would probably be a dream come true.


Elianto’s shimmer shadows retail at RM5.00 and are available at all Elianto outlets.


Rating: 3.5 / 5
Value: $$$



** Paris started off her review series with Elianto Shimmer Shadow in Forest Green, and Part 2 on Skin Food Vitamin Shadow. Check it out!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 5:14 pm, June 09, 2008 , Blogger Tine said...

Although cheap, the colours don't last. It lasts max of 3 hours for me before the colours faded. But then again, can't complain as it's only RM5 :)

 
At 9:29 am, June 10, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

yes thanks for letting me know..I've been "in" and "out" of the Elianto shop here looking at their e/s as the colors looks inviting! thanks beetrice!

 
At 9:36 am, June 10, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah i think cheaper eyeshadows just don't last, but you get what you pay for.

 
At 2:11 pm, June 10, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i bought one e/s from elianto yesterday. it was crystal plum. so far it's ok, quite pigmented. the colour lasted for 3-4 hours on my lid, this is because i have a bit oily lids. the colour i chose was quite pretty.. a bit shimmery but not too much..
but yes.. RM5, i can't ask for more...

 
At 10:51 am, June 11, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

tine: this coming from the same girl who picked up a serious load of these e/s to put in the pretty palettes? :)

askmewhats: awww...go ahead and get "in" to it lah...besides, for the price, you can't go far off!

prettybeautiful: it doesn't last long for sure, but it's fab when you want to experiment with new colours for a night out eh? ;)

maria: hey maria! maybe you could try dusting on some loose powder before applying the e/s to make it last longer? i loved the crystal plum colour (oh shucks, i love any purple shade!) - that'll probably be my next purchase. :D

 
At 10:54 am, June 11, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

well beetrice dear, it's not RM5 here! I think around RM10 or more! Uuuggh you know, since I wanted to be a professional make-up artist, I'm really keen on choosing what I buy...and you...YOU!!!! PUshing me to buy..and I just don't know how to say NO! LOL

 
At 11:17 am, June 11, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

askmewhats: me?!? why me?!?! eh, I just recommend that you try mahhh..why come shoot me pulak... :S if you cannot resist then it's not my fault...:D

 
At 11:20 am, June 11, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

LOL that's what we call the personality of an addict, always BLAME SOMEONE! but yourself! lol Don't worry, like i said, if i tease someone, that just meant i'm fond of that person..aww..aren't you lucky i'm fond of you? Note: Not everyone have that access y'know!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home