Wednesday 28 May 2008

Citibella Beauty Club & Atelier…

It’s been a long while since I’ve actually pampered myself with a manicure and pedicure, so since I had a course just idling away at Citibella (and their staff called to remind me about it!), I decided to go back on Saturday for some much needed R&R.

The interior of the outlet in 1 Utama isn’t that big, actually. If you want to check it out, I’d really suggest you go at off-peak times, or make an appointment, since they can probably accommodate about 3-4 people comfortably at any given time. But looks are not to be reckoned with – this is the reason I was parted with my hard-earned $$ for a course here:

They have customized OMO massage chairs for those doing their pedicures. There’s really nothing quite like having your lumbar region and shoulders rolled and pummeled while having your nails done…*bliss*…

Having my toes done in the spa was also really comfortable. I’m not into places that make me sit in all awkward positions just so they can get my feet at the right angle on the cushion. The massage chairs are fully adjustable for height and length, which makes for a VERY comfortable experience. Better yet, you can have both your hands AND feet done at the same time, with the aid of a small cushioned arm rest, so you don’t need to move about.

Plenty of magazines to read, regardless of your preference. I personally only read magazines like Cleo, MWW and Cosmopolitan, so it’s good that there’s a decent mix of relatively new English and Chinese magazines (as opposed to the only-Chinese ones at certain salons)…definitely a plus point in my book.

And so, after two hours of back massage (to the point where I nearly fell asleep), I came out with shiny new nails…


Brown-copperish shade on my toes…


…and a pretty pale pink on my fingers (not the colour I’d usually pick, but still, very pretty)

The salon uses Jessica products, which is probably not extremely well-known alongside brands such as OPI, but after a couple of days, the polish actually holds up quite well. Doesn’t flake or peel like what you’d see with cheaper polishes, and from previous experience, doesn’t stain my nails with that sickly yellow shade when I take off the polish.

However, be careful which manicurist you get if you decide to go there...there are only four girls working there, and one of them in particular is rather rough with her instruments. It’s probably a wise decision to make a specific request – Ling is pretty good, and she can definitely keep you entertained while doing your nails.

Cost-wise, I bought a course during their previous 5 + 5 promotion, where if you bought 5 sets of manicure and pedicure, you get an additional 5 sets – 10 manicures and pedicures in total for the bargain price of RM400.

Now if you don’t mind, I’m going to go back and stare at my nails… :)

Citibella Beauty Club & Atelier
Lot S24A, 1 Utama Shopping Centre,
1 Lebuh Bandar Utama,
47800 Petaling Jaya
Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday, 10am - 8pm


Rating: 3.5 / 5
Value: $$

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 2:55 pm, May 28, 2008 , Blogger Makeupfairytale said...

that's a really pretty shade of pink polish on your nails. i've been staying away from using nail polishes for about a month now (they just became so brittle and even yellowing...gross i know) so now i'm healing hahaha =P love your blog btw

 
At 8:13 pm, May 28, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

makeupfairytale: Yellow and brittle? Oh dear...I used to have that problem as well, but not recently since switching polishes.. :)

Thanks for the compliment! I love the material on your blog too...and the NYX e/s!! :O

 
At 8:11 am, May 29, 2008 , Blogger rinnah said...

I am so hankering for a manicure now! And I too, stare at my freshly manicured nails for hours...

 
At 8:22 am, May 29, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

the shade that was used for your toenail and finger nails are FAB!!! I am so in love with nail polishes!!! And I would buy it in a heart beat if it looks THAT great!

 
At 11:50 am, May 29, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah glam! i never get any professional manicure before. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

and also, somehow i don't really like color my own nails, they feel suffocated. one thing i am afraid is: once you pop, you can't stop. damn then i have extra spendings :(

 
At 4:46 pm, June 02, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

rinnah: well, I'm going again on 14 June...you're welcome to come with if you want! :)

askmewhats: I love the shades I got, but I'm such a klutz at doing my own nails, better leave it to the pros to do my nails! *wink*

prettybeautiful: sadly, it's only cheap if you buy a course (which is still a whole hunk of $$) But then again, a girl's gotta pamper herself right? :)

 
At 4:50 pm, June 02, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

due to years of practice! hahaha I can do my own nails! But because I love to relax, I'd let the professional do it ! but darn, they're expensive right? ! haaay

 
At 4:15 pm, June 03, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

askmewhats: sigh..what to do? it's a delicate balance fighting between common sense and pampering - and I've definitely fallen off quite a few times!

 
At 4:19 pm, June 03, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

go ahead dear and spend the MOOLAH! *winks*

 
At 12:35 pm, July 23, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just did the mani/pedi thing today and a tan and a trim, tomorrow i'm perming my hair and getting fake eyelashes. I know like it sounds like i'm going a bit over board but i'v spent the last two and a half years in and out of the hospital with my son (since the pregnancy)so i let myself go (jezz at one time i was even a model) and i'm only 23 do you have any other ideas of what i can do ? i'm on a roll and it feels great

 
At 10:45 am, July 24, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

anonymous: hmmm...hair extensions? full body mask and scrub? thai massage? the options are endless.. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home