Monday 2 June 2008

Maybelline Color Wear Trio Eye Shadow…

I picked this up for RM5 at the recent L’Oreal warehouse sales, and recently got around to trying it out.

Description:
Three coordinated intense eye shadow colours that glide on effortlessly with superior smoothness. Maybelline Color Wear Trio Eye Shadow comes with a velvet-tip applicator for blending without tugging or pulling, and provides all-day crease-resistant wear.

The Verdict:
Although I loved the selection in green shades (#23 - A Leaf Life), the trio wasn’t what I hoped for in an eyeshadow. The surface of the eyeshadow had these really cool prism-like designs cut in (see the first pic), but rather gritty to the touch. I had to literally gouge my fingertip into the shadow to get any colour.

Applying it wasn’t much better either – the glitter flaked off almost immediately, leaving me with rather shiny cheeks and more every time I blinked. In terms of pigment, the colour was very pretty but it took a bit of rubbing to pick up enough colour, so the usual soft eyeshadow brush I used had to be set aside, and I ended up using my fingers instead.

However, the staying power is definitely commendable, seeing as it lasted – crease-free – for a whole 6 hours. I’m quite surprised at the difference between Maybelline’s eyeshadows, since some of them are very velvety-smooth, and others are coarse to the point of gritty. What’s up with that?

Paint Me Gorgeous did a review on the same eyeshadow, but in a different shade. Again, the experience was different…hmm…would I repurchase? If they come up with a new formula that omits the glitter and improves the texture, maybe. In the meantime, I think I’ll stick to my Kanebo, Body Shop, Bloop and Revlon (which I'll get around to in a bit!) eyeshadows – the textures on those are simply VELVETY SMOOTH.


Rating: 2.5 / 5
Value: $

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:22 am, June 03, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

I have the one in "yellow, blue and green" and I am not repurchasing Maybelline e/s because I find it powdery as well!!! I can't seem to get the color without using a godo base and without PACKING the colors again and again ...body shop...awww..I bought 2 single e/s because of you! hehehe

 
At 4:20 pm, June 03, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

askmewhats: quite disappointing lor - they looked so promising too! for RM5, it wasn't too bad, but can't imagine those that bought full price! (yeah, blame me why don't you! :p but they're nice aren't they??)

 
At 4:23 pm, June 03, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

Good think I bought mine in less 20%! I honestly don't plan to purchase again.

The body shop..the body shop..darn! I only go to the Body shop for the tea tree oil! now..YOU YOU YOU!!! *points fingers* hehehe Yup i can tell my hubby to blame you not me! hehehe

 
At 12:34 am, June 05, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

askmewhats: Hahaha...very funny ma dear...but hey, it's a good brand, so why not??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home