Tuesday 3 June 2008

The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Foaming Face Wash…

After running out of my usual Dr Murad Energizing Pomegranate Cleanser, I decided to try something cheaper this time around, and on recommendation from my usual advisor at the Body Shop, bought the Tea Tree Oil Foaming Face Wash during their recent sale.

Description:
Instantly lathers up, unclogging pores as it washes away make-up and oil. With added peppermint oil to refresh and cool skin. A cleansing gel that lathers to gently cleanse, lift impurities and make-up while helping to control shine and blemishes.

The Verdict:
There’s just something about foaming cleansers that piques my interest. Maybe it’s the fun of playing with a mass of moussy foam while still cleaning off your makeup. At first glance, I thought it was a bit much to have 3 pumps of the foam for each application, but judging by the level at which the contents are dropping, it’s really not much. I’ve been using this for nearly two weeks now, and there’s hardly a difference in the level!

Be warned though, this cleanser takes a bit of getting used to, particularly if you have sensitive eyes. The peppermint and tea tree oil can make it a rather overpowering experience, and the smell alone is enough to make your eyes water – I don’t think I need to tell you that you’ll be screaming if you get any in your eyes by mistake!

Eye-watering factor aside, it did take off all my makeup on the first go, except for the couple of occasions where I was wearing heavy makeup (ie. foundation, powder, eyeliner, the works) where I took of most of the makeup with a remover prior to cleansing. I have a feeling this will last me quite a while...


The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Foaming Face Wash is available in 150ml bottles, and retails for RM45.00.


Rating: 3.5 / 5
Value: $$

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 8:22 am, June 04, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

Beetrice! I never planned on trying this, I only use the tea tree oil for my blemishes, as I just can't stand stingy products especially since I always tend to have the product near my eyes! :(

 
At 10:25 am, June 04, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

can it remove make up very well without removing make up prior to washing face? and oh, will yr face feel dry after washing?

 
At 12:53 pm, June 04, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like mousse products too. Feels so fun to wash the face :P Haven't tried this one by the wash gel is a fave for me!

 
At 12:41 am, June 05, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

askmewhats: there's always a first time! ;) but if you can't stand strong smells near your eyes, best to give this one a miss...

prettybeautiful: hey! it works quite well at taking off makeup, just a bit of additional time required.. :) my face felt just the slightest bit taut, but not dry.

parisb: i know!! so addictive...I actually bought this because of you! :D it caught my eye when I was looking for your gel wash...

 
At 8:20 am, June 05, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

I believe I'll give this a miss too :) thanks dear

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home