Tuesday 14 April 2009

Stila & MAC mini-hauls…

Why is it mini? Because I didn’t overdo it this time…I think… :D Anyway, let’s start with the Stila stuff first…

I’ve dropped by various Stila counters over the past week or so, and found that I had mixed experiences – some were really good (like the IU Parkson outlet) or really REALLY bad (shame on the Isetan Gardens outlet!). But that aside, I did manage to grab a few items that were a steal at the going rates.

Two Stila single e/s with a blush – I loved Mist in particular because it shows up as an iridescent white-pink, and looks absolutely scrummy with a black eyeliner I have…

These would have to be my absolute favourites – Stila e/s duos…I think it’s not hard to see why right? The pans are as soft as I remember them, and they’re really easy to blend. It’s a bummer the tops aren’t see-through, which makes it hard to know which is which, but I managed to find a way around that too…

Since the labels are a similar silver colour and fit quite nicely on the base of the case, I peeled them off the plastic cases and stuck them on the bottoms! Problem solved for now…but what do I do when I forget what each name looks like? LOL…


Next up, the tiny MAC haul…this lot is thanks to Connie, who gave me the tip-off…I’m wondering whether or not I should actually thank her now, since she made me spend more $$!! What’s more, I added to my already substantial lipgloss collection…eeps!!

MAC Little Darlings – this contains 5 coral lipglasses / lustreglasses in a cylinder…so pretty!!

Not content with that, I also picked up two other full-sized lipglasses as well…hey, after the discount, they were cheaper than even Silkygirl lipglosses! :D

MAC Lipglass in Soft & Slow (muted rose shade) and Pink Grapefruit (orangey-pink). Now, I won’t be keeping ALL of them for myself…some will be going to new homes (you may or may not know who you are! LOL…) but they’re just so pretty all the same, no?

I found this a bit peculiar when checking the tube cases – there are slightly differing prices on the tubes (one was from Pavilion, the other from Midvalley). Not sure why but ah well, the end price was the same at any rate! :)


Did any of you guys get any good hauls at the recent Stila sales / otherwise? Share share! :)

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 6:40 pm, April 14, 2009 , Anonymous paris b said...

Woot! Nice hauls - I love that blue duo - how come I didn't see it :P Thought your rant would be longer honestly. It was just one line! :P

 
At 7:09 pm, April 14, 2009 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

yeah! we were expecting a HUGE rant!

Ya know, they didn't even call Carmen when the stocks were in. They just sold off all her stuff. She went to check at the counter today :(

 
At 7:13 pm, April 14, 2009 , Blogger Jessie said...

Oo.. I got Mara simba too, been reaching for that nowadays cause I am in love with Olive. Can u swatch the rest of the duos?

What do you mean the tops aren't see through? When I got the duos I had to get the metal empty compacts too with clear glass/plastic for tops. RM 10 -_-

 
At 7:28 pm, April 14, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

parisb: oh just you wait - that one's in the works (since I haven't quite finished my dealings with them yet)...and yes, it's going to be a LOOOONNNG rant!

connie: LOL..see my rep to PB on the rant..

what?? they sold off her stuff? i just checked with the lady when i spoke to her last nite and she said she kept mine aside, so let's see when i go tomorrow...

jessie: mara simba's lovely isn't it? I'll try to, but since some of them are going to other people I may not be able to do all.

the duos come with a free cardboard casing each (if they didn't give it to you, go back and demand!) - the SA told me the empty metal ones are a bit too tight for the duos unless you force them in (I tested it out, and it IS a tiny bit small)

 
At 8:52 pm, April 14, 2009 , Blogger plue said...

i'll go check stila now.

damn those woman. LIED TO PLUE! how can!

and i love those duos! so pretty!

 
At 9:08 pm, April 14, 2009 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

wow and you call that mini? LOL Wow..you gals have discounts for MAC??? WHY am I NOT THERE? lol I am into lipsticks at the moment! So ..hmm...I am trying so hard to to salivate over your glosses..no..yes..no..yes!

 
At 11:08 pm, April 14, 2009 , Blogger Vonvon said...

MAC has discounts now? how come?

Btw, I have a huge haul from Stila. You can check out my blog. ;)

 
At 3:17 pm, April 15, 2009 , Blogger kyliemc said...

mac is having discounts too? on all items? or just the lipglosses?

 
At 4:51 pm, April 15, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

plue: hmm...I'm going to the counter this evening...let's see...

askmewhats: where got?? LOL..nah, it was a one-time special lah..hehe...

vonvon: yeah, I saw your huge stash - looks like you bought out a whole counter! No more discounts from MAC atm though..

kyliemc: hi kylie, no more discounts at the moment I'm afraid..

 
At 3:30 pm, April 17, 2009 , Blogger Rayn said...

Oh no! I'm so far away at the moment. Don't think I will be able to get anything... :( so sad!

 
At 2:48 pm, April 20, 2009 , Blogger kyliemc said...

it's ok :) thanks for the info

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home