Sunday 15 July 2007

Thank God It's...

Was at Fridays a while back for dinner with the rents, and tried quite a few things on the menu (it’s always nice when you go with other people, there’s a whole lot more to try!) I normally go there when I'm in the mood for their Three-For-All, but decided to try different dishes for once.

We started out with the French onion soup, which came with a thick layer of cheese on top. It’s traditionally supposed to come with bread inside, but I actually would prefer it without the dough.

Next up was the onion rings – now, I will only eat actual onion onion rings…not the reconstituted kind. These were hot and crisp, and go fantastically well with their salsa sauce. One thing to look out for is that the chef doesn’t get too salt shaker-happy, otherwise you could just get your entire week’s worth of sodium in ONE ring.

The bruschetta is one dish you REALLY have to try. Tangy, juicy, flavourful tomatoes served with ‘crisp on the outside, moist on the inside’ toasted bread…what’s not to like?

My main dish was the chicken basil pasta, which unfortunately, I didn’t manage to take a picture of before I started chowing down on it...*grins*…I’ve had the dish quite a few times, but the standards vary quite a bit. Sometimes the chicken slices are rather dry, and other times the dish seems to be just swimming in sauce (which I actually like, by the way)

I wish they’d bring in some of the other dishes on their US menu. I know they can’t actually bring in the pork bacon hamburgers dishes like these would be most welcome additions:


Rating: 3.5/5
Value: $

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:18 am, July 16, 2007 , Blogger Tine said...

I like Friday's tomato basil chicken pasta. But their portions are way too big lah.

 
At 3:52 pm, July 16, 2007 , Blogger beetrice said...

ma dear, that's why you share the portions...hehe...

 
At 11:00 am, July 17, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't been to Fridays in ages because there's none nearby. But I remember them doing a Jack Daniels promo once. Delish!

 
At 12:18 pm, July 17, 2007 , Blogger beetrice said...

I think the Jack Daniels ribs and steak are regular features on the menu...but I do remember them doing Jack Daniels with FISH once - never tried that, but always wondered what it would taste like!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home