Wednesday 9 June 2010

Repurchase: Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie – Mangothon…

Some of you would remember me writing about the Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie in Goodness Grapecious last year (read my previous view here) which I really liked other than the opaque click tube. Well, it lasted me a good 6 months before abruptly coming to an end (you’ll know once it’s done as you’ll have problem clicking it any further).


Since I loved Goodness Grapecious, I hopped down to the local Clinique counter just to try another variant, and came away with the Mangothon which is more of a peach shade.


Comparison of the two hues – apologies for the tiny smear of the Goodness Grapecious shade. Like I said, the end of the tube came to an abrupt end. :D


In hindsight, I think Goodness Grapecious suits me better, plus the grape smell is amazing. Don’t get me wrong, Mangothon has a light mango-ish scent and a hint of flavor which is great. It’s just a matter of preference, but at the end of the day I use it primarily for the luscious pout it gives me…*smacks lips*

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 12:26 pm, June 09, 2010 , Anonymous Paris B said...

DRATTTTT!!!! I'd been thinking of getting Mangothon because the color looked so promising online! Now you just gave me a reason to :(

 
At 9:59 pm, June 09, 2010 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

Bee, your lips look really really pretty! very moisturized and the color is just right

 
At 3:47 am, June 10, 2010 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

Your lips look sho pwetty *muacks* :p

I can't get past the click-pen la. much prefer my lipgloss in tubes

 
At 9:39 am, June 10, 2010 , Anonymous xin said...

yeah yr lips so pretty!! like connie i too dont quite like the click-pen lipgloss, i always make a mess, or they make a mess in my handbag somehow.

unrelated, but how did u keep your chin looking clear without black heads?

 
At 7:28 pm, June 10, 2010 , Anonymous gio said...

That shade is gorgeous and I love how it looks on your lips. They are so lushious!

 
At 12:19 pm, June 17, 2010 , Blogger beetrice said...

paris_b: heehee...why not? :D

askmewhats: I kinda liked the Grape-y colour more than the Mangothon, but can't beat the moisture factor..*smacks lips*

connie: heehee...I've got my eye on the Silkygirl glosses now...damn yoo!! :D

xin: the click-pen's quite nice for me, but I wish the tube was transparent so I won't suddenly run out of lipgloss!

actually, me got blackheads one, but *shh*...sometimes I use the pore pack on my chin! (just cut a small piece and stick on)

gio: thanks gio! :)

 
At 1:58 pm, July 01, 2010 , Blogger Shen said...

i love!! :) i'm not sure we have this already. :) hopping here from nikki's! :) adding you up!!

 
At 2:00 pm, July 01, 2010 , Blogger Shen said...

i love!! :) i'm not sure we have this already. :) hopping here from nikki's! :) adding you up!!

 
At 9:05 am, July 29, 2011 , Anonymous FA said...

did anyone's brush tip smell weird after awhile? It's a very off-outting, rancid-like smell. Is it supposed to happen and does anyone know how to get rid of it?

 
At 1:59 pm, August 01, 2011 , Blogger beetrice said...

shen: thanks shen! :)

FA: hi FA, I haven't had that problem with any of the Lip Smoothies I've used so far...maybe rinsing off the tip of the brush might help? I usually clean off the tip of the brush after using it though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home