Monday 15 March 2010

Nivea Fruity Shine Lipbalm in Pomegranate...

Hi hi..how was your weekend ladies? I went back home for the weekend, and oh, my stomach – mum outdid herself by making roast pork and prawn mee for dinner. Maybe I should move out of the house more often if this is the treatment I get...hmm...just kidding! :D


Anyway, while I was looking around Guardian yesterday, I spotted a new variant of Nivea Lipbalm – Fruity Shine! It looked pretty interesting, plus I happen to love pomegranate, so I ended up picking one to try.


Description:
Nivea Fruity Shine in Pomegranate with Fruit Extracts and Shimmering Pigments combines long lasting moisturisation and an exciting fruity pomegranate scent to replenish moisture, leaving a touch of delicate colour on soft and smooth lips. This new formula combines rich almond oil, jojoba oil and shea butter to keep your lips as soft and fresh as they can be. Contains SPF10 protection against UVA and UVB rays.


The Verdict:
OMG...the pomegranate scent reminds me of The Body Shop’s pomegranate shower gel (although tastes much yummier of course!). I’m also loving the hint of colour – it’s somewhat similar to the colour of Nivea’s Star Fruits Pink Grapefruit balm (which I adore) but just a tiny bit more intense.

The Fruity Shine claims to have a moisture store formula which is supposed to leave your lips nicely moisturised for much longer. I found I had to reapply it frequently, but I’d attribute that partly to the fact I couldn’t stop sniffing at it. :D

From experience, Nivea’s lipbalms are generally pretty decent – I’ve yet to find a real dud (although I hate the Star Fruits Cherry one simply because I think it smells like cough syrup...it’s a personal thing though) so this was technically a ‘safe’ purchase.

There’s also Strawberry, Cherry and...Dragonfruit flavours in the ‘Fruity Shine’ range, although I’ve yet to spot the rest of the flavours on the shelves – guess we’ll just have to wait and see eh? I must say I’m rather curious at what the Dragonfruit one is like!





Nivea Fruity Shine in Pomegranate is available at major care pharmacies in Singapore (haven’t seen this back in Malaysia yet) and retails for approximately SGD4.00.


Rating: 4 / 5
Value: $$$

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At 10:47 pm, March 15, 2010 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

I love this! i don't have the same variant, mine is the strawberry and I'm almost done with it!!!

 
At 11:03 pm, March 15, 2010 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

BOO! Now I wished I didn't get the strawberry one :( I like pomegranate much more than strawberry. scent and fruit

 
At 10:00 am, March 16, 2010 , Anonymous Paris B said...

Dragonfruit! I wonder what that's like!

 
At 10:25 am, March 16, 2010 , Blogger beetrice said...

askmewhats: ooo...you have it in PH! have you tried the dragonfruit one?

connie: do we have this back in KL? didn't see it back home - can always pick one up for you if you want.. ;)

parisb: I'm curious too - been out spying for it but haven't seen it yet...darn...

 
At 2:13 pm, March 16, 2010 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

don't think so... hehe thanks for offering but I certainly don't need another lipbalm! at least not for the next 2 years!

 
At 4:36 pm, March 16, 2010 , Anonymous gio said...

I have this in strawberry and love it! I need to try pomegranate next now :)

 
At 12:25 am, March 17, 2010 , Blogger Kahani said...

Yargh! Wants it! If only to complete the collection... =D I now wander out frequently with no other lippy in my bag but the nivea lipgloss trio...

 
At 9:54 am, March 17, 2010 , Anonymous xin said...

want! but wait till i finish my grapefruit then i restock from through u :P

 
At 4:32 am, March 30, 2010 , Blogger Meldee said...

YUM! I want one too! And in Dragonfruit..hee hee.

 
At 6:31 pm, October 12, 2010 , Blogger R.ChamberofBeauty said...

I just saw your blog..and really love it..i love Nivea balm...It really great for soothing lips.

 
At 3:41 am, December 19, 2010 , Blogger Unknown said...

hey wat tint does cherry and strawberry fruity shine lip balms give....

and does any1 has any idea of a lip bam giving peachish tint???

 
At 6:01 am, June 20, 2011 , Blogger Reez said...

I'm a huge fan of the Fruity Shine line and have tried all of them except Pink Guava. Dragonfruit is very juicy and fruity, and gives a beautiful, healthy color to my lips. Yum yum!

 
At 10:54 am, June 20, 2011 , Blogger beetrice said...

rakhshanda: thanks! nivea's been pretty good with their lipbalms to be sure! :)

reez: wow really? I have to go try the dragonfruit one of these days then. thanks for the tip!

 
At 1:18 pm, September 07, 2011 , Anonymous skin care reviews said...

The dragonfruit variety easily gets off the shelves.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home