Monday 7 June 2010

Getting back in the groove...of shopping, that is!

I’ve been pretty tied up with work the past few months, but the past weekend was just too good not to post about – trust Paris and Pinkelle to bring out the shopping demon in me! :D

The Great Singapore Sale, or GSS is something that I used to look forward to every year, particularly the trip down which saw me lamenting about the ringgit’s lack of buying power (I still lament!) but also meeting up with relatives down south. Come to think about it, I’ve missed the last two years *oh the horror* simply because I was either overseas or just too skint broke to go.

Anyway, the GSS has just only started (we’re currently going into week 3) and weekends along Orchard are just bliss for any freebieholic around. Just to give you a taste of the things we picked up along the way...


Skin Food bribed us with chocolate and a voucher in a small pouch to be redeemed in the store for a sample – clever ploy to get us into the outlet, and we each walked away with a sachet of Black Sesame Hot Mask.


Sephora gave out these adorable Harajuku Lovers fragrance fans (I know Xin’s going to drool over this) when you sampled their fragrances – the Lil’ Angel one smells pretty good, and the test strip is now making my handbag smell yummers.


This was probably the most amusing one – Jurlique had sent up a makeshift store outside Tangs along Orchard, and was giving out organic apples with their flyers...creative or what?


I’ve noticed that Singaporeans are very big on tissue, so it’s no wonder that many brands have resorted to making their own branded tissue packs – I picked up four over the course of two days (one used up already)


This is for Connie – S$5 Coronas, anyone?

LOL, now before you think that I didn’t do any actual shopping, I’ll just share a couple of purchases with you – ninny me forgot to take pictures of the three dresses I bought (you’ll see them soon enough since I’ll be wearing them for a friend’s wedding this weekend) but here’s just a taste of what’s to come...


Picked up a couple of OPI polishes at Millenium Walk for just S$14 each – they had a flea market in conjunction with 8 Days’ anniversary, so there were a lot of knickknacks...I even managed to pick up a brand new copy of Dan Brown’s Digital Fortress at just S$7. Brilliant stuff!

Of course, having Paris around as the ‘tourist’ also meant that we managed to get the GST waiver...I picked up a pair of Fitflops I’d been hearing about for ages, plus a definite splurge to mark my time here in Singapore...


Yes, it’s from Tod’s...anyone wanna guess what I bought? :)

The Great Singapore Sale is still going strong until end July and the deals are pretty good this time around, so if you want to drop by Singapore and channel your inner shopaholic, gimme a holler yeah?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 11:10 pm, June 07, 2010 , Blogger Life's Simple Pleasures said...

A BAG! Tod's I mean. Or is it more shoes? Why is it when I go for GSS there are no freebies? No fair.

 
At 9:38 am, June 08, 2010 , Anonymous paris B said...

Yay! Reliving the freebieholic fun thru your post :D And I'm STILL thinking about that airport thing - how! :P

p/s Can I guess? can I? :P

 
At 9:39 am, June 08, 2010 , Anonymous xin said...

wow! the fan so cute! and! Tod's! and OMG OPI! yerrrrrr im dead jealous!!!

 
At 5:24 pm, June 08, 2010 , Anonymous Tine said...

Show the TODS bag!! :D

 
At 9:52 am, June 09, 2010 , Anonymous Paris B said...

Tine: She can't leh, Tods is with me coz of claiming GST! :D

 
At 5:16 pm, June 09, 2010 , Blogger beetrice said...

abby: haha, yes it's a bag - the freebies are just an added bonus going there though, I would have bought stuff anyway.

paris b: time to go back to the airport (maybe the next time you come back down?) *evil laughter*

xin: make another trip down here!

tine: soon soon...like paris said, it went back with her for GST! LOL...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home