Friday 28 August 2009

Lipstick Gossip @ twenty.one kitchen+bar…

** I wasn’t going to post this up quite so fast, but it’s all Kimberlycun’s fault! LOL…looking at her photos of the shindig made me itchy to download all my pictures, and well, since I was at it already, here we are!

On the last Thursday of each month, twenty.one kitchen+bar (henceforth known as twenty.one) is turned into a big girls-only party with canapés, cocktails and primping galore. Known as Lipstick Gossip, a bunch of us were invited by Stage and twenty.one to attend the most recent instalment of Lipstick Gossip last night. (what better excuse to have yet another mad night out eh? *grins*) Muchos gracias to Stage for the invite!


twenty.one was quite packed with ladies – I think the total number was 100, but it felt like quite a few more were squeezed in! Alas, the only men that were at the event were the working ones – I’m referring to the hairstylists, caricaturists, masseuse (!!) and photographers. Now what were YOU thinking?? :p


Me likey my caricature, even if the artist made me look a bit like Joanne Kam – complete with ‘longkang’!!

There were a heap of photos taken, but since Photobucket slashed my bandwidth down to a measly 10GB a month, I leave you with a montage of the event instead…


Who can you spot? :D ParisB, PinkElle, Xin, Kahani, Syen, Meldee, Jo, Kimberlycun, Plue, Connie and Rinnah are all somewhere in the shots (and me too of course!)


Being the gluttons we are, the tiny canapés at the event (delicious though they were) didn’t quite manage to fill us up, so we ended up doing what we do best – wander off to look for food! Hehe…after the event finished, the lot of us ended up at a nearby mamak stuffing our faces with tandoori, naan, mee goreng and the like!

On a side note, traffic in town was seriously screwed up thanks to the fasting month and rain. Since I left directly from the office, I had to do my primping in the car beforehand. Yes, I’m one of the people you see applying makeup at traffic lights – mind you, I’ve gotten it down to an art where I can stare at myself in the mirror AND still keep an eye on the car in front of me. The end result?


Taken after I got home from the party – not too bad for traffic jam and traffic light stops? I even managed to apply mascara at the Bukit Bintang traffic light, much to Connie’s amusement…LOL…


All the colours I used on my eye are from the Beautilicious Victoria Palette, together with Lancome Oscillation mascara.


Have a good weekend peeps! I’ll be headed up to Genting for a short break and some fun…can’t wait!! :D

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 3:38 pm, August 28, 2009 , Anonymous xin said...

nice pics bee! :D was a fun night indeed :P somehow all our caricatures look alike :P

me wants the big piccc!!!

 
At 7:21 pm, August 28, 2009 , Anonymous Tine said...

Aww fun!!!

 
At 7:48 pm, August 28, 2009 , Anonymous kimberlycun said...

was a great girls night out! kudos to stage.

 
At 5:21 pm, August 29, 2009 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

I'm not home to update! definitely a fun night! :D

 
At 9:33 pm, September 04, 2009 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

Now I'm seeing myself there with you girls for an important MEETING..LOL :) everyone looks wonderful and I love your makeup and the cute caricature!

 
At 4:04 pm, September 07, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

xin: can...just email me for it! :D

tine: maybe we'll have another one when you get back? ;)

kimberlycun: it was indeed! we'll have to plan another one soon..hehe..

connie:most definitely!! :)

askmewhats: aww, thanks babe!! we had a lot of fun, just looking forward to the day you can join us too!

 
At 2:24 pm, December 04, 2009 , Anonymous Sherry said...

wah so many beauty in the picture, you got go the aliance warehouse sale?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home