Monday 24 August 2009

Kiehl’s Gently Exfoliating Body Scrub ‘Grapefruit’…


When I got a tube of this during an event some time back, I must say I was looking forward to using it…simply for the grapefruit factor (Kahani and myself seem to share a propensity for all things citrusy!)



Description:
Kiehl’s Gently Exfoliating Body Scrub ‘Grapefruit’ with Aloe Vera and Camomile is a creamy and highly effective body scrub that gently yet effectively exfoliates to remove dead surface skin cells without over-drying. Formulated with gentle, natural exfoliation particles and skin-enriching emollients that help to smooth skin, our unique “body scrubber” leaves skin silky soft, refreshed, and primed for moisturisation.



The Verdict:
To be honest, I was quite happy with the whole experience – except the smell! I was expecting a nice blast of grapefruit scent to make an appearance, but instead the scent is nothing close to grapefruit let alone citrus. I would liken the smell of this to something more…creamy, in line with its texture (!).


It struck me that the granules in this scrub are rather big! Not to worry though, as it isn’t as abrasive as it looks. It is remarkably effective though, and my skin feels pretty nice afterwards! I like removing this with a wet washcloth and once I moisturize I can’t stop touching my skin (I was going to say ‘touch myself’, but that would sound so wrong!!)

As far as this goes I like it enough to keep using this, although I wish it smelt more like its namesake fruit. I’ve managed to get around it by adding a couple of drops of my orange blossom essential oil to the mix, but hey, it works great with or without the added scent.


Ingredient list


Kiehl’s Gently Exfoliating Body Scrub ‘Grapefruit’ comes in a 200ml tube and is available at all Kiehl’s outlets.


Rating: 3.5 / 5
Value: $$

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4:39 pm, August 24, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear, get the Pear Tree Corner one. it smell delish! i have it and i think it smells the best of the 4 types. at least visit for a sniff. you won't regret it. haha...

abby

 
At 10:52 am, August 27, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

anonymous: thanks to you, I dropped by the kiehl's outlet to have a sniff...you're right! the pear tree corner one smells SO much better...but since I already have a whole tube of scrub to use up, I got the pear tree shower gel instead...*oh dear*

 
At 11:54 pm, August 28, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe...sorry for that! but i have to share good stuff. isn't it wonderful? at least now you get to sniff pears everyday! i wanted to get their lotion too! i am hoping for a review. haha...

oh, mind telling me how much the shower gel is? thanks dear!

abby

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home