Thursday 27 August 2009

Revlon Matte Collection Pt 2 – Swatches and an Eye Look…


After this post on Revlon’s matte collection, I had an opportunity to catch up with the brand people to play with the products over brunch. Lo and behold, I got the swatches of the eyeliners I wanted, and got swatches of the blushers to boot!










While we were there, we had a chance to play with the ‘not available yet’ Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Lipcolor, which is designed to hold its own against food, drink and such.


Some swatches of the shades we had...surprisingly, Stellar Sunrise looked pretty good on me!


Just for good measure, I attacked it with a baby wipe to see what would happen…as you can see, even with vigorous rubbing traces of the lipcolor still stuck! There’s no question about the lasting power of the lipcolor, but let’s see if it’ll make its way to our local stores just yet.

And as mentioned, here’s the eye look I created while playing with the products. It’s similar to the look I was talking about in my previous matte collection post with the blue-green shade which I made more ‘green’ to match the top I was wearing.


Dammit…as always, my eyebags decided to make an appearance…*grr*…


Close up of the eye portion – sorry if it’s not that clear, I took the photos in the car on the way out! :s (I’m wearing Revlon Superlustrous Lipgloss in Glossy Rose – my own – on my lips)

What do you all think? The colour’s not as strong as in real life – I reckon Paris and Kahani had a good laugh at it, since any stronger and it would have been suitable for a ‘lady of the night’!! Have you all tried any of the products from the collection, and if so what did you think of it? :) Hit me up ladies!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 8:41 pm, August 27, 2009 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

very fresh and pretty look my dear Bee!!! I'd love to see Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Lipcolor down here! I needed it! I love it that it doesn't look too bright!

 
At 12:45 am, August 28, 2009 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

I really like this combo! so fresh!! mmm..... makeup and cake. what an awesome combination

 
At 2:54 am, August 28, 2009 , Anonymous Flutterby said...

hello! =)

How's the staying power of the eyeliners? Are they smudgie proof? They're looking very tempting. :)

Thanks
Flutterby

 
At 1:39 pm, August 29, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

I have the same question as Flutterby above, how are the eyeliners? the purple one looks intersting to me.. n do you know the price of it? Thanks!

MW

 
At 4:14 pm, September 07, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

askmewhats: thanks! we're waiting to see if it'll be hitting our shelves too! :)

connie: thanks babe! and yes, cake and makeup is a way awesome combo...*yummers*

flutterby: they go on very smoothly, and the colour payoff and staying power are pretty good - and no, it doesn't smudge. :)

MW: the eyeliners retail at RM33 each - hope I managed to answer your questions! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home