Thursday 8 January 2009

Laura Mercier Sensual Metals Collection…

I was walking through Robinsons @ Gardens during lunch this afternoon and happened past the Laura Mercier counter. I had been looking out for the Limited Edition Sensual Metals Eye Palettes, and today when I checked they’re out! Yay!

The Laura Mercier Sensual Metals Collection consists of two eye palettes in a silver zippered bag. The Sensual Silver Palette (left) has more blue-grey shades while the Gold Glamour Palette (right) is made up of earthy tones, some of which are exclusive shades to this collection.

Sensual Silver Palette: Vapor (exclusive), Celestial, Serene Silver (exclusive) and Carbonize (exclusive) Eye Colour
Gold Glamour Palette: Star Fruit, Burnished, Gold Dust and Bronzite
(exclusive)

Both palettes come with a mini Eye Colour Brush. The palette case is slim and sleek with a glossy surface, which irked me a bit because it’s a total fingerprint magnet (just picking up the case left prints) but that aside, I loved the texture and colour of both palettes! The Sensual Silver palette in particular looked surprisingly nice and blended nicely (I don’t have any swatches though, as the girl wouldn’t let me take photos!). Dang, yet another notch on my ‘lemming list’ – and yes, the list is already a mile long!

The Laura Mercier Sensual Metals Collection retails in Malaysia for RM275, which is rather pricey but not too bad considering you’re getting two palettes. However, they’re not available separately which is a bummer. I suppose one way around it would be to find someone who wants the other palette and split the cost?


Has anyone else tried this yet? If so, what did you think of it?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 6:55 pm, January 08, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How strange to sell 2 palettes together. LM must be desperate to make some sales. :P That said, I've never really tried anything by Laura Mercier. If you try, let us know what you think

 
At 10:24 pm, January 08, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw it when I was in Robinsons window shopping the other day... didn't try it, but thought the colors were pretty!

 
At 10:24 pm, January 08, 2009 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

What? They're not available separately??? So is it like a marketing campaign now to force consumers purchase 2 palettes? LOL I guess its perfect if you have a friend who likes the other one, too bad if both of you like the same palette! :)

 
At 1:23 am, January 09, 2009 , Blogger Syen said...

Hmm.. RM275 for two palettes? A weee bit over the top for me. But like you said, if you can find a friend, then perhaps it's more doable. =P

Although, I've never tried anything from LM, and I don't intend to start now. Enough of lemmings as it to keep my poor purse feeling so hollow inside. LOL.

 
At 9:09 am, January 09, 2009 , Blogger plue said...

the blue palette looks lovely, but hm... never tried LM before and to start with this sure is a killer. A whooping RM275!

but if there's someone to share, I think that would be okay :)

 
At 2:34 pm, January 12, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

parisb: it's a nice palette to have, but the way they bundled it wasn't too smart...

rinnah: yep, they're definitely very pretty! :) you thinking of getting one?

askmewhats: my sentiment exactly! what happens if both of you want one palette?

syen: my purse is just as empty...*opens purse and moths fly out*...sigh...

plue: bad to be working so near Gardens hor? ;) they're just around the corner calling to us...eeps!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home