Thursday 25 September 2008

Progeli Hand Cream…

While travelling in Barcelona a few months back, I wrote about inadvertently leaving my hand cream at home. Despite getting the Sephora Express Hand Doctor cream to chuck in my tote, I needed something a little stronger for regular application (and the small tube of Hand Doctor was just too precious to use up all at once!). After trawling through some drug stores, I came across Progeli’s Hand Cream.

Description:
Suitable for all skin types, in summer or winter. Its high content of essential oils and natural active ingredients make the Progeli Hand Cream highly moisturising, nourishing and dermoprotective. Contains propolis, geranium, lemon and invigorating linseed oil and Q10.

The Verdict:
The first thing that stood out about this hand cream was its delicious lemon-citrus scent – I was smelling my hands for ages after applying it! I only needed a small dollop of the cream to cover my hands since the texture was super-thick. Yes, I know what the next question is going to be – since it’s so thick, is it greasy?

The answer is…no! The cream is rapidly absorbed into skin, and you’ll know that it’s been properly rubbed in since it will completely disappear after less than half a minute (good time to do a mini hand massage too!) I would have been a bit more critical of this if it was touted as a travel cream since I usually need my hands back almost immediately, but since I only applied this in my hotel room before heading out, it’s a pretty good buy. My hands were adequately moisturised for most of the day, and I only needed to top up the moisture after I’d washed my hands for the SECOND time – not bad for a ‘spur of the moment buy’ hand cream!

One downside to this cream is that the scent IS rather strong, so unless you’re wearing a citrus-based fragrance, it will clash with whatever perfume you put on. On days that I use this cream, I actually did away with my fragrance altogether since the citrus smell was strong enough on its own. Of course, if you’re looking on the bright side, you could say that this cream doubles up as a fragrance too – all depends on how you look at it, I guess.

It’s also not widely available, which is a bit of a problem. Natura House, the company that manufactures Progeli, originates from Italy, but I haven’t been able to find much information on the company (that’s in English, that is!). Can anyone help me out here? :)


Progeli Hand Cream comes in a 75ml tube and retails for approximately €3.60.


Rating: 3.5 / 5
Value: $$

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:35 pm, September 25, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

I know about the thickness consistency that absorbs quickly, definitely a great product you have there..BUT if the scent is too strong..well same for my Bath and Body lotion, at times, I cannot use any perfume or fragrance if I use those lotion because the scent is overpowering! :)

 
At 11:21 am, September 29, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

askmewhats: I'm thanking my lucky stars it's at least a scent that I can live with...hehe...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home