Wednesday 24 September 2008

My Rootote love...

I tell you, I’m in love…with my Rootote, that is!

Thanks to my shopaholic cousin Tine raving about her Roototes, I just HAD to go and get myself one. I was originally going to grab one from the Rootote website in Australia (and split the shipping cost by combining with others), but credit has to go to Paris, who tipped me off to the fact that Tiny Tapir in Malaysia carried Roototes in Medium and Tall sizes. The range is rather limited, but still, it’s better than nothing right?





Anyway, to make a long story short…tadaaahh!!

Hehe…ok lah, maybe not the most pretty photo with it all in plastic (anticlimactic right?) Don’t smack me!!

I got the same one as Paris – the Medium in Corners design. Out of all the designs available at Tiny Tapir, this was the least ‘cartooney’ or ‘cutesy’ that I could imagine myself carrying on a daily basis (pretty rose or cartoon patterns may be fine for some people, but not me)

The inside of the bag has plenty of pockets to store a mobile, cards, keys and whatever else you might fancy chucking inside – and there’s an added insert that sits at the bottom of the bag to keep its base shape. The outside’s also very sturdy, which I also like as it won’t be tipping over when I stand it on my desk during work hours.

You might wonder why it’s called a Rootote to begin with – basically, it’s because of the kangaroo-style zipper pocket at the side of the bag. The little ‘pouch’ inside is perfect for storing the things you need on hand, ie. your house/ car keys and phone. This is perfect for me since I have this tendency to carry literally EVERYTHING in my bag, and then end up missing phone calls because I’m frantically rummaging in my bag hunting for the phone (and of course, I’ll find it immediately AFTER it stops ringing!)

This particular Rootote is made from polyester, which means that it’s waterproof, relatively light AND durable. I’ve even used it to lug my laptop home in a pinch on a day that I just didn’t feel like bringing my bulky laptop bag home – just slipped it in its sleeve, chucked it in my Rootote and voila!

The absolutest best part about this? The price tag – this baby only cost me RM38!! (by comparison, the Australian Rootote site sells them at AUD22.73, and that’s not inclusive of shipping!) Me love!

I’ve currently got my eye on the Rootote Plain Medium in Denim, but unfortunately it’s an old design and already out of stock, so I suppose I’ll have to hunt for another design I like…eeps!! If you want one of your own, just get in touch with the lovely people at Tiny Tapir – it’s not up on their site yet but just contact them and they’ll hook you up with your very own Rootote!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 9:07 pm, September 24, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

I HEART! I've seen this at Paris' blog and she said you bought the same!!! *jealous*

 
At 10:16 pm, September 24, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Aren't they the best things ever?! :)

 
At 12:10 am, September 25, 2008 , Blogger Fashionasia said...

hahaa.....u girls are so bad for me...i've booked mine!!!:)

 
At 2:13 am, September 25, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wan also... but me no like cutesy designs too. Are the designs shown above the ones that Tiny Tapir has? *itchy hands*

 
At 5:55 am, September 25, 2008 , Blogger Tine said...

Eh nice lah. How ah if I want to buy one from M'sia? Not that I should, as you will see from the crazy amount of stuff I got in the US, but IF IF IF say I should get one, I go through you, can ke? :P

 
At 2:44 pm, September 25, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

askmewhats: yup, we were both there rummaging through the stock! :)

parisb: me LURRVEE!! hehe..and I know you luv em too!

fashionasia: hehe...we are bad for each other lah!! welcome to the "Tiny Tapir Rootote" family..LOL!

rinnah: hehe..yeah they are... :) any one you like in particular?

tine: woman, you have bought WAY too much (looking at your shopping hauls!! I want!) but yes, if you should want one...boleh lah... :)

 
At 1:27 pm, June 15, 2009 , Blogger Jaui said...

i know this is late in the comment stream... but would all of you be excited if a Rootote Gallery opened here in Kuala Lumpur?

Which shopping centre would you rather it be in?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home