Friday 19 September 2008

Estee Lauder Pure Pops Brush-On Colour…

While going through my makeup drawers recently, I came across my Estee Lauder Pure Pops Brush-On Colour gloss that I’d been meaning to blog about but never quite got around to taking the pictures – oh well…better late than never, right? The shade I have is #1010 – Sugar Pie.

Description:
Brush with brilliance – these sweet pops of jelly-sheer gloss will give you gleaming lips with one quick brushstroke. Fresh, fruit-scented shades give you no-mess shine anytime. A unique brush applicator turns the tube into a lip styling tool for precise application wherever you go.

The Verdict:
Pure Pops are seriously easy to use – just remove the cap and twist the brush base to unlock colour. Squeeze gently to get the desired amount of gloss, and twist back to lock. The built-in brush is also great for application – I’ve always been a fan of the actual BRUSH-tipped glosses rather than the slanted tip ones, but that’s a personal preference.

The safety twist-lock mechanism is a great feature though. There’s no worry of having this leak in my handbag, and the clear flexible tube lets me know how much is remaining (not to mention I can squeeze out literally every drop from this!)

For a ‘Sugar Pie’ colour, this looks more like sunburnt sugar – it’s orangey in colour with dark brown glitter flecks, but goes on nicely. EL wasn’t kidding when they said ‘jelly-sheer’, because this is really a little jelly-like in texture! As far as the scent goes, it’s pleasant enough although not overpowering.

I’m not too sure how much this costs though since it was a gift, but I’ve seen it priced anywhere from RM40-RM80. Can anyone help me out here? If it is closer to RM80, I’d say save your $$ for something else because that’s just way too much for me to spend on a lipgloss, but if it’s around RM40, I suppose it could be considered as a luxury once-in-a-while purchase. What do you think? :)


Rating: 4 / 5
Value: $

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:02 pm, September 19, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

I think the color is pretty, though it is quite expensive if the price you stated is right. I think for a gloss, we can have luxurious gloss once in a while :) It looks pretty, how'd you like it on your lips?

 
At 2:51 pm, September 25, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

askmewhats: very...jelly.. :) it's a lot of fun to use, actually...and the gloss look is great!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home