Monday 25 June 2012

Share your memories for prizes with Sharp 100 Years Anniversary Share…

When I was much younger, I used to stay with my grandparents in Seremban. One of the first cognitive memories I had were curling up with my grandmother in front of the TV while she watched her favourite shows Dallas and the Golden Girls (yes, it was THAT far back!). I used to fall asleep to the sound of the TV, which I found quite soothing. Even when I travel nowadays on my own, I will usually leave the TV on in the background just so it isn’t too quiet.

Fast forward several years, and my grandparents moved to the city – one of the items that was moved into my grandfather’s study was that old TV, still working after all those years. That TV was none other than a Sharp, and lasted quite some time (I believe it was over 10 years, but I was really still a kid back then!). I remember it needing minor repairs a couple of times, but otherwise worked just fine.

With lasting power like that, it’s probably little surprise that we can celebrate their 100th anniversary, or Sharp 100 Years.

Over the years, I’ve probably seen tons of products come out from Sharp, but nowadays the one that I have my eye on (thanks to a particular enabler!) is the Sharp Portable Plasmacluster Ion Generator – an awesome device for purifying the air around me, as well as neutralizing the bacteria and allergens. Very useful given the recent mucky weather and the bouts of flu and cough going around, if you ask me.

I want me one of these babies!!

But beyond creating useful and aesthetically pleasing products such as these, Sharp is also about the long term. Having seen firsthand just how long a simple TV can last, I have no doubt Sharp will be sticking around for a long time yet.

Which brings us to their latest campaign – Sharp has created the Sharp 100 Years website with an Anniversary Share page, where they would like for you to share your memories, photos and videos about your significant anniversaries in return for some nice prizes. From now until 15 September 2012, just visit the website to submit your entries in photo or video form.

The prizes aren’t anything to sneeze at either – two pairs (four people) out of all the entries will be selected to win a trip to the West Coast in USA, while the top ranking pictures and videos will receive Sharp products. Results will be announced on 15 October.

Better still, every photo and/or video that is submitted will be made into a work of film, and displayed on the website for the duration of the campaign. Not a bad way to get your 15 minutes of fame, no? :D

For more details on the campaign or to submit your own entry for Sharp’s Anniversary Share, please visit share.sharp100years.com.

So, do YOU have a memory you want to share? :D

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home