Monday 16 January 2012

Getting Maudrey nails with help from China Glaze and OPI…

Of late, thanks to the group of lovely (and completely bonkers) ladies I hang out with, I’ve been painting my nails more often…and accumulating a rather modest collection of nail polishes along the way.

I reckon my parents would protest that collecting 30 polishes in 2.5 months is bordering on madness, but you ladies understand me right? Right?? :P

The two that have my manicure covered this week are China Glaze for Audrey and OPI I Juggle Men. I had originally meant to just pick up the China Glaze for Audrey for a friend, but after seeing the shade in person, I ended up getting one too. As for the OPI, well, let’s just say having a whole counter of OPI testers to play with is just as dangerous. LOL!

This is two coats of China Glaze for Audrey – it was during application of this that I realised I won’t be buying many China Glaze polishes, because I detest using the brush. It’s skinny, difficult to control and goes all over the place!

It’s unfortunate, because I’m in love with the Tiffany blue-esque hue of this polish. The creamy finish and quick drying time of the polish isn’t anything to sneeze at either.

I could have left it at that, but on a whim decided to layer OPI I Juggle Men over it, which is an iridescent shimmer. The effect turned out to be very subtle, but pretty nonetheless.

It was a b*tch trying to get the shimmer to show up in photos, and this was probably the best attempt – the two nails on the left are two coats of China Glaze only, while the two on the right are two coats of China Glaze with THREE layers of OPI I Juggle Men on top. (Note: I enlisted the help of the bf to help take these shots, hence the difference in the pictures!)

You can see that OPI I Juggle Men is really very sheer and only works best layered on top of another shade. I’ve tried it with a few colours, and it seems to work well with strong red, blue and green hues (the purple didn’t look too different, but maybe I just have to try a different shade).

But there you have it – the shimmer is very subtle, but pops in real life under sunlight. And while writing this, I just realised I have SEVEN coats of polish on my nails…base coat + 2 coats of China Glaze + 3 coats of OPI + Seche Vite!

The amazing part? I finished all seven coats in less than an hour (including drying time!), and haven’t gotten any chips or smudges on them yet after 3 days. YAY!!

By the way, if you’re still wondering what Maudrey means, it’s Modern Audrey (Hepburn). *winks*

So, what do you all think? Can I carry off the colour, and is it a colour you’d pick for yourself? :)

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 2:39 pm, January 16, 2012 , Anonymous rinnah said...

Imma gonna do my nails tonight! Letting them breathe for a day. *wink*

And yes, 30 polishes in *just* 2.5 months is slightly bordering on obsession, no? That works out to roughly 3 new polishes a week. :P

*scampers away to safety*

 
At 4:00 pm, January 16, 2012 , Anonymous Tine said...

That's a gorgeous colour, that Audrey thing :P I'm glad Geek got one too, which means I can gasak and use!

 
At 4:08 pm, January 16, 2012 , Anonymous dom said...

Beautiful color pick. The moment I saw it I started humming Breakfast at Tiffany's :)

 
At 4:16 pm, January 16, 2012 , Blogger beetrice said...

rinnah: well it includes a few gifts so not quite 3 polishes a week..I think... :P

tine: awesome colour, shame about the brush! but yes, will be bringing it over with me in May for Geek! :D

dom: same here! I can always bring it back if you want to try, just let me know? :)

 
At 7:55 pm, January 16, 2012 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

That actually looks eye-catching! In a good way :) And your application is so streak-free..... <3

 
At 5:31 pm, January 30, 2012 , Blogger beetrice said...

connie: thanks dearie! now if only I could paint to the edges properly instead of having to clean up with remover all the time... :S

 
At 10:41 pm, April 14, 2012 , Anonymous wooden coat hangers said...

That's a gorgeous colour! I really love this!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home