Wednesday 7 December 2011

Putting a purple twist on a French manicure…

Say hello to my purple reverse French manicure! :P

If you’ve been following me for a while, you’d realise that I’m crazy for purple hues. Violet, magenta, amethyst, aubergine, lilac, lavender, fuschia, plum…shucks, name me any purple shade and I’ve probably got something in that colour!

So one evening when I was messing about with some polish shades in my room, I decided to try layering different hues of purple on my nails and after trying a number of combinations this was the final result!

The two polishes I used – Chanel Le Vernis in #210 Lilac Sky and Face of Australia Molten Metallics Nail Enamel in Amethyst.

I realised though that these two polishes are really on the “Save & Splurge” ends of the price spectrum, but in terms of performance I have to admit liking the Face of Australia one more in terms of manageability and colour payoff.

If you were wondering about the shaky lines, it’s because I drew the tips in freehand – obviously I need a lot more practice! :P

Hmm…now what other colour combinations can I try? I’ve already tried peach with chocolate tips, sparkly tips on clear nails and glitter on coloured nails…any other ideas besides resorting to actual nail art (since I have absolutely no drawing skills whatsoever)? :D


Chanel Le Vernis retails at RM70 and is available at Chanel counters nationwide. Face of Australia Molten Metallics is a limited edition range and retails at AUD$4.95 each (not available in Malaysia or Singapore though).

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At 10:14 am, December 07, 2011 , Anonymous xin said...

its a neat french tip! i think u can try to sponge them :D will look effortlessly nice too

 
At 10:24 am, December 07, 2011 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

I love it! I love doing different colored French Tips!

 
At 11:22 am, December 07, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty! It's actually really neat freehand and I love the purple shades too.

 
At 12:41 pm, December 07, 2011 , Blogger Kahani said...

Really pretty, Bee!

 
At 6:59 pm, December 07, 2011 , Anonymous Tine said...

That's a great combination! I love reverse french manis. Next time, try half moons :P

 
At 12:27 pm, December 08, 2011 , Blogger beetrice said...

xin: ooh that's an idea, will give that a try! :D

askmewhats: thanks babe! :)

lyn: haha you should see my right hand! still haven't mastered using my left hand to draw freehand yet.. :P

kahani: thanks dearie! :D meep meep!

tine: half moons? hmm...I always though those made my fingers look stubbier, but heck, why not? ;)

 
At 4:18 pm, December 08, 2011 , Anonymous dom said...

noice! me likey.

 
At 3:39 am, December 09, 2011 , Blogger Joey Anna said...

Great combination!

 
At 11:52 am, December 12, 2011 , Blogger beetrice said...

dom: thankies! :D me likey too..hehe..

jyoan: thank you! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home