Monday 5 December 2011

It’s beginning to feel/look a lot like Christmas…

Christmas decorations at Changi Budget Terminal

Only 20 days more to Christmas! :D Are you already humming carols, or trying to find your Christmas groove? As for me, the Christmas season really hit home after seeing all the decorations going up – never fails to cheer me up (although trying to get presents for the people on my rapidly-expanding list is an ongoing challenge!)

Since we’re already nicely into December, I thought I’d share with you some of my favourite Christmas buys this year:

1. L’Occitane
L’Occitane comes up with some limited edition festive variants every year – this year it’s the Delice des Fleurs and Delice des Fruits, as well as some very pretty sets which range from RM85 – RM735.
One of my favourite ranges is the Verbena range, so this Verbena Collection (RM110) is just up my alley – housed in a cute green pouch with 75ml sizes of shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion, this would be perfect for travelling.

2. Benefit Cosmetics
Ah, the Holidaze sets… :D I refuse to buy Benefit at the counters in Malaysia and Singapore simply because they’re way overpriced compared to the US. And with free international shipping for orders over US$115, I usually pool orders with the ladies to get my Benefit fix.
This is Ticket to Glossytown (US$24) – a collection of 6 mini ultra shine glosses in so frisk me (gilded berry), nudie-tude (goldspun twist), spiked punch (juicy coral), life on the A list (bubblegum pink), foxy lady (diamond rose) and kiss you (clear fuchsia). I love breaking these up to use as additional stocking stuffers. :D

3. Crabtree & Evelyn
Who went for the recent Christmas Preview a couple of weeks back? I did a fair bit of damage there, but as luck would have it…after making my initial purchase, I found a stack of vouchers I had gotten previously that were expiring on 31 December, and ended up making a second round of purchases to use them up! (Note to self: Keep better track of vouchers!)

Suffice to say, my room now looks like a Crabtree & Evelyn storeroom and everyone is getting something Crabtree from me this year…LOL…but here’s one of my favourites!
The La Source Christmas Gift Set (RM178) – contains full-sized shower gel, body lotion, hand therapy and scrubby gloves, all housed in a super cute toiletry pouch. The centre portion is also detachable, which would be pretty handy for small cosmetics.

‘Sea’? Just grab and go! :D (LOL just punning the colour!)


And with that, I leave you with a little tingle in your mouth…mint chocolate M&Ms! :D

The pieces inside are also white, red and green…how cute is that? *winks* So what have you lovely ladies bought for Christmas so far eh? Share!!


PS: If you’re wondering why I haven’t written about makeup collection purchases, it’s simply because I’ve bought some individual items for friends that read this - which will need to remain under wraps! :D

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 5:04 pm, December 05, 2011 , Blogger Marina said...

The food stuff gets me first, so far I've succumbed to rum stolen and M&S gingerbreadmen :P dreaming of fruitcake drenched in liquor and glazed with a layer of sinfully sweet icing :P Will not succumb to beautifully packaged to-die-for coffret sets... especially those at C&E and L'occitane.... *close eyes, clench teeth and hides wallet*

 
At 5:11 pm, December 05, 2011 , Anonymous electronicfly said...

mint m&ms!!!!!!! My friend brought a pack back for me from Australia once, and I've been searching high and low in Malaysia to no avail T.T

 
At 5:59 pm, December 05, 2011 , Blogger beetrice said...

marina: hehe..who knows? :P Santa may just bring you something..but I hear you on the neverending food OMG!

electronicfly: they're a seasonal item in Singapore - I saw them in Cold Storage, maybe check the local ones to see if they have it? :)

 
At 7:01 pm, December 05, 2011 , Anonymous Ling said...

Love La Source!!!

 
At 4:33 pm, December 07, 2011 , Blogger Esther Teoh said...

may i know where did you get your la source Christmas Gift Set and do you know the pricing in sg? thanks :)

 
At 12:11 pm, December 08, 2011 , Blogger beetrice said...

ling: definitely, one of the best scents in C&E! :D

esther: hi there, I got mine from Crabtree & Evelyn in KL, not too sure about the pricing in SG though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home