Tuesday 5 January 2010

Getting clear(er) skin with Cellnique – Part 2…

After using the Cellnique Advanced Bio Renewal Masque in my previous post, I usually leave my skin alone overnight save for a light moisturiser until the next morning before resuming my usual skincare routine. For the past couple of months, I added just the Skin Action Sebum Gel to my usual lineup of sunscreen, base and moisturiser. It was supposed to promise results in 10 days…so did it?

Cellnique Skin Action Sebum Gel


Description:
Cellnique Skin Action Sebum Gel is a phyto bio-engineered formulation gel for all skin types to reduce both blackheads and whiteheads on affected skin areas without painful extraction. This daily maintenance gel also reduces oil secretion, leaving the skin clear and producing smooth visible results within 10 days.


The Verdict:
The instructions said to pump a small amount onto your fingertip, apply on your T-zone or congested areas and follow with moisturiser which is what I did. One pump is actually more than enough to cover my T-zone as well as my cheeks and chin, which is where I usually sprout blackheads…*eeps*

The clear serum has a distinct ‘cool’ smell to it – no surprise as the product contains Tea Tree oil, Peppermint oil and Eucalyptus oil. It can come across as a bit strong for some as I got a tingly feeling on my skin when I first used it, but I reckon my skin’s gotten acclimatized since I don’t get that anymore. I’ve heard that there is something similar under the B.Liv line but as I haven’t tried it I can’t do a comparison. If anyone has though, do feel free to let me know how the two match up?

As for the 10 day claim to smoother skin, I would say it’s definitely up to your individual skin type and condition but for me, it took me 5 days or so before I noticed that my skin was getting a bit smoother, plus the blackheads were rapidly diminishing. And with the enlarged pores on my nose, that’s saying something!

The only thing that I didn’t like about it was that the bottle is opaque, which means there’s no real means of telling how much more product there is left inside (hence no idea when I need to repurchase until one day nothing comes out!) plus the pump on my bottle was a little stiff which made it a little difficult to dispense in small amounts. I’m not sure if it was just my bottle since no one else seems to have a problem with this but just including it anyway.

Those things aside though, what I said previously about the Skin Action Sebum Gel and Advanced Bio Renewal Masque having me sailing through Aunt Flo’s visits holds fast – and it’s not something that I’m going to want to give up anytime soon (I’m shuddering thinking of the alternative!) heck, if someone is willing to sponsor me a lifetime supply of this stuff I’d be in seventh heaven…*winks*


Cellnique Skin Action Sebum Gel retails at RM159 for 30ml bottle which will last roughly 2-3 months with daily usage…*ouch* on the pocket to be sure…but I find that personally it’s worked quite well for me. In fact, combined with my Estee Lauder CP+ Perfectionist and Clinique Moisture Surge, I think I may have just found my dream trio right there!


You can also read what some of the other ladies had to say about this product:
Paris
Jessie
Xin

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 8:39 pm, January 05, 2010 , Blogger Unknown said...

Yea, b.liv has a product called 'off with those heads' which, if I'm not mistaken, is actually the same product, just with a different packaging. And it's equally expensive too. :P

 
At 8:40 pm, January 05, 2010 , Blogger Lisa said...

So Loverly did a comparison with Cellnique's and B'Liv before...Here's the link:

http://soloverly.blogspot.com/2009/12/cellnique-skin-action-sebum-gel-vs-bliv.html

Hope this helps.

 
At 3:11 am, January 06, 2010 , Blogger Joey Anna said...

LOL, everybody is suddenly reviewing Cellnique.

 
At 11:11 am, January 15, 2010 , Blogger beetrice said...

bee: there are some similarities, but I reckon b.liv is targeted at a different market. :D

lisa j.: yup, they did...thanks for the info! :)

jyoan: does look like it, doesn't it? :D the products hold their own pretty well though!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home