Monday 28 December 2009

Random Updates…

How’s everyone’s Christmas celebrations coming so far? I must admit it was pretty good going into Christmas, but got rather spoilt by something that happened on Boxing Day and hasn’t felt quite the same since. I’m determined not to let it ruin the end of the year for me though!


Christmas Eve was spent at a friend’s place digging into the likes of pork chops, onion and beef soup and…homemade lamb shank! *slurp*


Christmas Day dinner was at my place…where we decided to have the leftovers from the previous day’s dinner…knowing the mothers, they outdid themselves worrying that the leftovers wouldn’t be enough and as usual…too much food!

Boxing Day I had a wedding to attend which was rather amusing considering there were FIVE wedding dinners going on at the Selayang Palace Restaurant. I wouldn’t have chosen the place since the walls were rather thin and we could hear the off-key karaoke and “yam seng!” coming from the other halls…nothing kills the celebration of your special day like having to share the space with other couples? That’s just a personal opinion though…I’ve seen plenty of others that didn’t mind in the least, so maybe they know something I don’t. :)


If that wasn’t bad enough eating big three days in a row, last night was spent at Munakata Japanese Restaurant along Jalan Sultan Ismail tucking into the ala carte buffet dinner. And eat we did…turned out the portions were tiny, so we had to order HEAPS from the kitchen (until the chef himself came out to peep and see who these mad ravenous people were…whoops!)

This Christmas, I told myself I’d exercise some restraint in opening my gifts – rather than rip into the whole lot like some mad creature, I’m opening them one by one over the next week to savor the experience. Can tell you, resisting the urge to shred the lot into bits is pretty hard going, but I’m loving the payoff! Two of the items I've opened that I really love so far are these…


Looks like a moleskine, no? hehe…this planner was in such a pretty colour, and so soft too…


The inside is simple – no fuss, just lines…plus a refill too! :) This will be my “until I get a Hermes bag” replacement…for now…LOL!


MAC’s Tri-Colour Lipglass…can’t bring myself to muck up the pretty layers just yet, but it’s just a matter of time, no? :D And there are…QUITE a few more packages to go, including those from the girls as well as an Oroton I bought for myself that has finally made the trip back from Australia…wheee!

Looking forward to the rest of the week though – I’ve gotten some time off work and relatives will be around, so by all means will be winding down for the rest of the year before it hits full swing again next week! Till then, there are some post-Christmas sales that I’ll be talking about in a bit. Cheers!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:08 pm, December 28, 2009 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

look at all the food! Yum :D Nice prezzies too

 
At 11:10 am, December 29, 2009 , Anonymous xin said...

LOL can tahan opening slowly? :p

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home