Monday 18 May 2009

Bitten by the nail bug…

Monday’s here…already?? Dang, the weekend just flies by doesn’t it? Hehe…how many of you went to IBE over the weekend? :)

I happened to pass by the Konad nail stamping booth on my way out, and the pretty designs just caught my eye. I’ve never been one to DIY my nails other than the usual solid layer of polish since I am a total klutz at manipulating implements with wet nails, but there’s a first time for everything right?

Since they had a “Buy 4 Get 1 Free” promotion at the expo, I decided to give it a try – 2 bottles of special nail polish (apparently it’s a different consistency to normal nail polish @ RM10 a tiny bottle!), 2 image plates (M21 and M32 at RM16 each) and one stamper & scraper set (RM14). The total after deducting the lowest value item was RM50…not too bad I reckon.

Since then, I’ve been playing around a bit with the various designs…as you can see, I still have a LOONG way to go before I’m anywhere close to the likes of Nikki and Prettybeautiful… :D

L-R: Random dots of colour swirled with a pin, monochrome ‘splats’ using stamping plate, black flower design (also using stamping plate)


Still trying to get the hang of it, but slow and steady I suppose…did you guys have fun with your weekend? :D

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 12:19 pm, May 18, 2009 , Blogger Lisa said...

You're going to get addicted to it soon. But they're rather pricey. It just best to get them from the distributor at only RM13 for the image plate. Hope to see more nail art in the future. :P

 
At 12:20 pm, May 18, 2009 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

don't temp me!! the only thing stopping me from getting the Konad stamps is my inability to function my left hand

 
At 1:06 pm, May 18, 2009 , Anonymous prettybeautiful said...

welcome to the nail gang! :D i didnt get anything from the konad stall. EH also carries plate, at only rm12.90 or rm13. but i bought 4 nail polishes from Snips! All Orly at rm10 each. so exciting!

 
At 1:11 pm, May 18, 2009 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

NAIL Gang! that is too funny !!!! But girl, you start from here and you'll go ahead and try on more! yay!!!! I haven't been stamping my nails much!!! I should! especially on busy days!!! That looks pretty! especially the splat :)

 
At 5:39 pm, May 18, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

lisa: I'll need to get the hang of these before I think of getting other plates first! hehe...we'll see what happens.. :)

connie: tell you what, I'll do your right hand, you can do mine...LOL...I'm just as bad, seriously!

prettybeautiful: I haven't really heard from Orly since their satin-finish nail polish rage some years back - with the promo it was quite worth it lor, so might as well.. :)

askmewhats: that's what I'm afraid of!! hahahaha...still a looong way off from your pretty designs though!

 
At 6:20 pm, May 18, 2009 , Anonymous Shuu said...

ooo the splash one looks nice ^^

 
At 4:22 pm, May 19, 2009 , Anonymous Traclyn Yeoh said...

Yay you have konad too!it makes everything so easy!

 
At 12:08 am, August 08, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, do you have the contact of the Konad supplier whom you bought from? Thanks

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home