Sunday 18 January 2009

NYX Cosmetics Round Lip Gloss…

During my last Cherryculture haul, I took advantage of a 25% discount on all NYX products to try some products that I hadn’t tried before – which included NYX Cosmetics’ Round Lip Glosses. I’d read some lovely reviews on this product, and couldn’t wait to see if the road test would hold up to its reputation.

Description:
NYX Cosmetics Round Lip Gloss is the new lip gloss that feels silky smooth and long lasting to highlight that sexy pucker of yours. The colour in the tube is guaranteed to be the same colour on your lips.

The Verdict:
The shade I’m reviewing is Golden Prune. First off, the price is just unbeatable – after the discount, the gloss was just USD1.50 (approx. RM5.60)…where do you find glosses so cheap? And at first swatch, the colour really is as close to the tube colour as you can get with a gloss. For the road test, I wore it to my cousin’s wedding – the colour payoff? Why not check the photos below and let me know what you think. :)

Can I just say that I LOVE the shade…it’s absolutely brilliant with the golden flecks and goes on as smooth as butter. And as far as texture goes, it’s in the mid-range of stickiness which I’m quite taken with as it’s sticky enough for staying power, but still liquid-ey enough to give my lips a nice shiny sheen with great coverage.

There’s one gripe I have to make about this product though. There are serious manufacturing defects in the assembly of the gloss! Out of the three shades I ordered, two have similar problems – the ‘stopper’ thing was loose, which means that I have to hold the stopper in place with my thumbnail while pulling the wand out or the whole piece will come out like the picture below:

What’s more, the wand was a bit loose in one of the glosses, causing it to shake slightly from side to side. It’s a bummer, because the product itself is EXCELLENT. All they’d need to do is to up the QC on the production of the vessels and I would seriously be buying these up in CRATES. And with 36 shades, I don’t think that’s going to be hard to do…LOL!



NYX Cosmetics Round Lip Gloss can be purchased on the Cherry Culture site and retails at USD2.00.


Rating: 3.5 / 5 (it would have scored 4.5 if not for the manufacturing issues)
Value: $$$

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At 5:46 am, January 19, 2009 , Blogger Nikita2471 said...

I heard that NYX discontinued the Round lipglosses so I contacted them directly. The reason they gave me was that they were aware of the defect with the tube (the thingie that keeps coming off when you pull the wand out) so that's why they discontinued it. They also said they are going to reintroduce the gloss again but in better packaging.

 
At 8:44 am, January 19, 2009 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

Bee sweetie! I have the same problem with the gloss you sent to me, the stopper also comes out every now and then! LOL but the gloss looks WONDERFUL on your lips!

 
At 9:19 am, January 19, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

the color looks gorgeous! cant believe that it is only $1.50.

 
At 1:53 pm, January 19, 2009 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

ahhh.... I can't wait to get my hands on the lipglosses. I've tried to order twice and twice also OOS. -_- sucks bout the stopper though

 
At 4:38 pm, January 19, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

askmewhats: sorry abt that.. :( but the shade I tried would look really good on you too! :)

prettybeautiful: it's one of the nicest "cheap but good" glosses I've tried...just a bummer about the quality of the tube itself...

connie: LOL...I have QUITE a few, if you want...what to do, I was under the spell of "cheap so buy in bulk!".. o.O

 
At 4:42 pm, January 19, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

nikita2471: Thanks for the heads up - I think that because the glosses themselves were so popular n cheap, a lot of sites stocked up...so at the moment there are still a lot of them available.

I'll be looking forward to having a look at the new ones when they come out though!

 
At 6:26 pm, January 19, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha... no wonder I saw you holding it down every time you swiped it on. Figured it must be tricky packaging :) Still, its a lovely colour!

 
At 10:16 am, January 20, 2009 , Blogger Kahani said...

Ah well bee, with a gloss that looks that amazing on you (and you amazing with it), it's worth a faulty stopper. =P

 
At 5:54 pm, January 20, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

parisb: hehe...you probably thought my finger was spasming! :p

kahani: LOL...not to mention that for the price, I can make a couple of concession. and you're making me blush! :D your 'frenched' look is just as amazing!

 
At 7:46 pm, January 20, 2009 , Blogger daphne said...

cheap and good, that's what nyx is! pity nyx is super expensive in SG, compared to CC pricing. let me know when you're ordering from CC again ok? may tag along and share some shipping costs! ;)

 
At 1:01 pm, January 24, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was a lovely lippie you wore to the wedding. The red's very hot, but not too red that you can't wear it during the day :)

 
At 7:20 pm, January 27, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

daphne: will definitely let you know the next time I order - hopefully there's another good promo coming up soon!

tine: all your influence babe! hehe...it's becoming a staple now...eeps!

 
At 6:32 pm, July 21, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

For those that are interested I've got a local store that are selling their NYX round lipsticks for $2.50ea AUS which is about $1.50 cheaper than norm but not all colors are available, happy to do a CP for any interested.

Otherwise Makeupmasala.com sells NYX and free international shipping if you spend over $40US but they're shipping are very reasonable.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home