Monday 12 January 2009

Beauty bloggie meet @ TGIF…

Since it's Monday, I thought I'd post up something a little more fun than the usual review...enjoy the pics!

Last Friday was a bit of a doozie for me…it involved having to contend with lovely traffic jams (gosh, it looked like EVERYONE was out in town on Friday afternoon/evening!) to pick up Tine and make it to the Curve to meet with some beauty blogger friends for dinner. Thank God, we reached there (somewhat) on time, thanks to some of the culprits being distracted by Daiso (that must be Connie’s favourite store of all time!)

The main reason for this was for Tine to meet some of the other bloggers – you know the scenario…we always comment on other people’s blogs, but never quite manage to meet in person. :) And since she was back for a whirlwind visit in KL, what better timing?


Tine, Prettybeautiful and Rinnah


Carmen, Connie and Kahani


See what happens when beauty bloggers get together? They immediately start talking makeup!!

Another chronic sign of being a blogger – the proliferation of cameras!! I tell you, everyone at the dinner had a camera…not that we could fight with Rinnah’s DSLR baby…haha…

Kahani, Syen and Tine – this is one of my favourite shots. It was an accident since I “borrowed” the flash from Prettybeautiful’s camera at the same time she took the photo, but hey, whatever works! :)


Everyone in – Carmen, Connie, Prettybeautiful, Rinnah, Beetrice, Kahani, Tine and Syen

And what did we do immediately after dinner? Why, head right back to Daiso of course! LOL…what did you expect?


We’ve got to do this more often k girls? :)

Labels:

15 Comments:

At 4:33 pm, January 12, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty maids all in a row... :) Looks like a fun time eh? Too bad I missed this one. And did Connie have her locks chopped off? :O

 
At 4:47 pm, January 12, 2009 , Blogger plue said...

yee! why wasn't I there! stupid gastric! :(

 
At 5:12 pm, January 12, 2009 , Blogger Jessie said...

le sigh, and I got well enough to go to work today. well, at least there are pix to sigh over

 
At 5:19 pm, January 12, 2009 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

AAAaawww I'm glad to put a face on EVERYONE! I know, I've seen almost everyone's faces over the blog, but when you put all the bloggers name together, i kinda got mix and match on the faces and this is like a PUZZLE being completed! I love the shots! I love the group shots!!! I want to see all of you and give everyone a big HUG!!!! And I want to go to DAISO together with everyone!!!!!! *waiiiilllssss* lol

 
At 6:06 pm, January 12, 2009 , Blogger Jenn said...

Pretty girls in a row!! *whoot!!* :D all of you look so radiant, and you girls have such beautiful smooth skin!! I'm so jealous!! and issit only me, but all of you look kinda tall?? *feels self concious* :S i MUST wear heels if i ever get to attend one such gathering!! heheeheh!! :D

Sounds like you girls have a great time together!! :D

 
At 6:38 pm, January 12, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

parisb: hehe..she did a whole post on her shortened locks! :D

plue: aww it's ok plue - there's always next time!

jessie: yeah, was wondering what happened to you..

askmewhats: big hugz back to you too! get your butt over here and we'll take you go Daiso too!! :)

jenn: ah, the wonders of makeup innit? ;) we're not that tall lah - the photo just looks that way! :)

 
At 10:46 pm, January 12, 2009 , Blogger Pinky Tham said...

it was so nice meeting you again beetrice! and the rest too.. after how much I stalk you girls blog. :P

 
At 12:09 am, January 13, 2009 , Blogger Kahani said...

Oh wow Bee,thanks for posting this so quickly! =) Great job!

Jenn: *rotfl* I WISH - it's just makeup babe. I'm sitting here with a mask slapped on my face and I can tell you my skin ain't clear! And yes I think we only LOOK tall. =P

 
At 12:15 am, January 13, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, you posted on this so quickly bee! I've yet to look at my pix from the nite, I'm such a belated blogger! =)

'twas nice to meet Tine in person (finally!) and Syen and Kahani too. More meetups, please?!

 
At 1:35 am, January 13, 2009 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

fun night! I wish it was longer though. I think next time we have to do a weekend lunch instead of dinner. not enough time together!

Paris: Yep! The locks are chopped :D

 
At 2:06 am, January 13, 2009 , Blogger Syen said...

Yay Bee!!! This went up really fast.

I had a great great time at the gathering. It was so fun! And yes, we should do this more often. Hanging around you girls make me feel more sane about my makeup addiction. LOL.

Jenn: Makeup girl! I was actually having bad skin week. Boo. But well, the wonders of makeup! =)

And nooo... I feel like a shorty! =( *sniff*

 
At 10:24 am, January 13, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe! nice :D i have not posted the photos yet, but will upload to fb first. nice flashy pic u have. lol. next time lets do it in chilis with free refill of tortillas!

 
At 4:28 pm, January 13, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

pinkyping: haha..it was a pleasant surprise running into you at Daiso!

kahani: well I couldn't resist..hehe..

rinnah: let's try to make it a regular thing..although jo will probably kill me if i don't have it at TCM at least once.. :O

connie: LOL!! we would have had enough time had it not been for the "itchy fingers" wanting to go Daiso after dinner...teeheehee!

syen: sane? are you sure that's a good thing? ;) and since when were you a shortie?

prettybeautiful: plenty of *flash flash* to go around, but I agree - next time, we go Chilis with bottomless tostada chips and salsa!

 
At 4:56 pm, January 13, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for arranging this babes. It was a lot of fun meeting up with the girls, and to finally put a face to the blogs I read constantly :D

We'll do this again yeah? And this time, we're dragging PB out :p

 
At 1:12 am, January 18, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

tine: you're most welcome ma dear..and yes, the next time PB MUST come along!! :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home