Sunday 19 October 2008

Revlon Age-Defying 2-Way Foundation with Botafirm™…

While going through my makeup stash recently, I realised that this had slipped through the cracks. I got this to review some time back, and right now, it’s sitting in the mini makeup kit I carry around in my handbag. :) Ok, let’s not get ahead of ourselves…

Description:
Revlon’s Age-Defying 2-Way Foundation with Botafirm is a foundation that can be used wet or dry for a younger looking, flawless complexion with a radiant finish. The Botafirm©-infused formula helps to minimise the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Provides medium coverage with SPF20 and contains UVA & UVB protection.

Botafirm™ infused formula helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles so that skin looks smoother and younger, Soft Focus Powder smoothes and blends out skin imperfections for a natural translucent and long lasting finish, and Vitamin E and Luffa Hydro-essence protect skin from free radicals and help maintain its natural moisture.

The Verdict:
The shade I got was #05 – Sand Beige. First off, let me say the red slim case comes with shimmery gold flecks which make it oh so pretty…it’s sleek without being boring. The inside of the case comes with a decent-sized mirror as well as sponge, which is great.

Colour-wise, Sand Beige is just right for my skintone. Asians with yellow undertones will be very happy since the latest range of foundations available in Malaysia is specially suited for Asian skintones. It managed to even out my skin tone without looking cakey or gritty. One thing to note is that this foundation goes on velvety smooth – perfect when I need some cover-up while on the go.

The foundation can be used wet or dry, but I usually don’t bother using my foundations wet (they sometimes change texture afterwards, and I’d really rather not have to deal with that). However, I did try it wet just once, and found that the coverage for this is really quite different when applied wet. With a light dusting of loose powder, the foundation managed to cover my under-eye circles and signs of lack of sleep – not bad for just the addition of water eh?

As far as their claim of Botafirm, I can’t really tell whether it works or not, but hey, anything that can help is good right? Revlon also sells refills, which goes a long way in helping to keep the cost down.


Revlon’s Age Defying 2-Way Foundation with Botafirm™ is available from all Revlon counters nationwide and retails at approximately RM59.


Rating: 3.5 / 5
Value: $$

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:02 pm, October 19, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

I've seen this before and I nearly bought this! I don't know what stopped me..hmm....based on your review, it looks like a product worth trying...

 
At 5:48 pm, October 20, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

askmewhats: hehe...if you do, I'll be looking forward to your review! :)

 
At 6:08 pm, October 23, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would like to read u review about the best foundation that last and won't look redish. this is because my face easly become red i i found it hard for me to find one. can u suggest me at least 1? tq

 
At 6:19 pm, October 24, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

anonymous: hi, and thanks for dropping by! you can check out Revlon's mineral foundation, or Body Shop's Nature's Minerals foundation, both of which give pretty good coverage. there's also another review coming up shortly that should give you quite a few options! :) hope that helps!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home