Tuesday 15 July 2008

Revlon Colorstay® Mineral Blush…

I was kindly given a Revlon Colorstay® Mineral Blush to review some time back together with their Mineral Foundation (the foundation review is here), and I was kind of overwhelmed with work almost immediately after. Didn’t want to let this one pass without doing it justice, so it’s taken a while. Of course, it also gave me time to test it out over a one-month period.

Description:
Revlon ColorStay® Mineral Blush contains skin loving minerals that are good for your skin and ColorStay® longwear technology that lasts for up to 16 hours. This innovative mineral baked powder technology applies easily and blends seamlessly for natural looking, sheer, soft radiant color that won't streak or fade all day. The formula contains an exclusive mineral complex of Rose Quartx, Mother of Pearl and Topaz, is non-irritating and fragrance free.

The Verdict:
The shade that I reviewed was #20 – Petal (a dusty rose-ish pink). It came in a sturdy plastic case with a tiny brush for application. At first touch, the mineral blush has a great texture – the baked powder is picked up easily with the slightest swipe of the brush and goes on velvety smooth.

One light dusting of the blusher will give you a delicate glow to your cheeks, with an option to gradually build up the colour if you want something that stands out a bit more. This is perfect for me since I prefer something low-key on most workdays, and something more distinctive for my nights out. The lasting power is also nothing to sneeze at, since after a full day of work (from 8.30am when I leave the house to about 9.00pm when I get home), I still had presentable cheeks (regardless of the condition of my nose or forehead!), so this is definitely going into my book of ‘keepers’.

Now, while I love the colour and texture of the mineral blush, it had a similar problem to the Mineral Foundation – the brush included in the case is not as good as it should be. I had to be quite gentle with the brush when using it, otherwise the bristles would drop. Not as bad as the mineral foundation brush, but enough to cause some concern. And similar to the foundation, I just gave up eventually and reverted to my own set of brushes.

As far as the products itself go, Revlon’s mineral makeup range scores pretty high and their colour range is also quite decent, but it’s a shame about the brushes. If you’re using your own brushes, it isn’t a problem, but as a matter of principle the brush should be sturdy enough to withstand daily use. I’d consider this for a regular purchase if the brush was improved. :)


Revlon Colorstay® Mineral Blush is available at all Revlon counters nationwide. It comes in three shades locally and retails for RM52.00, but is currently available at an introductory offer price of RM45.00.


Rating: 3.5 / 5
Value: $$

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 10:30 pm, July 15, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks like another blush for my ever-growing list! Hehehe.

 
At 6:49 am, July 16, 2008 , Blogger Tine said...

The dusky pink looks lovely. I'm going to go check it out at Priceline later :p

 
At 9:06 am, July 16, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

in fairness, the color from the packaging looks exactly the same as the swatch!!!!

 
At 10:27 am, July 16, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

rinnah: methinks the petal shade would look absolutely fab on you.. :)

tine: oh do check it out...and let me know how much it costs there! if it's cheaper here then I can always *tempt* you..LOL!

askmewhats: yup yup..what you see is what you get - which is a strong plus point. I hate it when the colour on the packaging comes out different when applied.. :s

 
At 10:28 am, July 16, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think most of the revlon products are quite expensive. did this last u through out one whole day without retouch or second application?

 
At 1:27 am, March 22, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally love organic foundations and natural cosmetics because the thought of absorbing all of the chemicals into my skin does not interest me. The typical woman absorbs over five pounds of chemicals through her skin into her body from makeup.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home