Monday 7 July 2008

I’m in love – with my Ipanemas!

Okay okay…so I finally caved in after reading so much about Gisele Bundchen’s Ipanema sandals (and seeing them for real on Paris’ feet when we last met didn’t hurt any either! For the record, it's because they looked nice on her feet, that's ALL!!) But behind it all, there was a real reason for me to get those sandals! (or at least, that’s what I keep telling myself)

You see, after the first two days of walking and walking (and walking) around the whole of Barcelona, I had actually developed a nasty blood blister on the fourth toe of my left foot (think normal blister, but filled with blood instead of the usual fluid – disgusting, right?) By the third day that we took a ‘time out’ to go shopping, let’s just say it was quite an agonizing experience feet-wise. My usual talking shoes just weren’t cutting it, not to mention walking about 8-10km a day in rather stiff shoes. Ouch.

That was, until we got to Els Corte Ingles – somewhere on the 4th Floor, I suddenly came across this entire rack of Ipanemas…in every design and size available! Since I’d already heard so much about it, I decided to try on a pair. Needless to say, the minute I got them on my feet I didn’t want to take them off at all. From there, it was just a matter of trying to decide which style and colour to get.

I was quite taken by the thong-style ones, but thinking that it was going to cut between my big and second toe, decided against it. The black was also for purely practical purposes – walking around for ages, a white/ gold sandal would end up looking like crap afterwards with all the dust and dirt! And after all, haven’t you heard black is slimming? *wink* (Well, I dunno about sandals, but hey, black anything’s good for me on a whole!)


My Ipanemas!!

For the rest of the day (and the rest of the holiday), I was such a happy chickie with my Ipanemas, I think you could have dragged me up to Parc Guell again (wanna know why it was such a drama? See here) and I wouldn’t have minded (as much!). Talk about a lifesaver…I’m definitely scoring myself another pair of these babies if I ever get the chance. There’s not as much choice or supply in Malaysia, so I’ll have to look at biding my time patiently (or rather, VERY impatiently) to get my next pair.

Ipanemas, me <3 you! *bliss*

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 11:26 am, July 08, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

I love your IPANEMA!!!!!!!!!! I want one too! I want more more more!!!!

 
At 12:19 am, July 09, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not you too! I so want a pair of Ipanemas too... saw some in a very pretty grey in KLCC, but no discount. :( I want!

 
At 9:16 am, July 09, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

askmewhats: but..but..you already have your many many pairs of sandals! (then again, when was it ever enough hor?)

rinnah: yup, i fell hard for this pair...that said, by comparison the Ipanemas here are cheaper than those in Spain for sure...even without discount!

 
At 9:19 am, July 09, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

Girl i was super reacting when you said I have many many many pairs of sandals..but when you note down when was it ever enough? I was smiling! RIGHT ON GIRL! Right ON!!!! we never get enough!!! Girls! women! Tsk!

 
At 7:02 pm, July 10, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i finally got mine too, and i got the purple ones i've been searching high and low for! if you're looking for another pair, head to novo in bangsar village 2, its on 10% off and 20% off with maybank credit card, got mine for rm56 down from rm70..i heart sales! =)

 
At 6:07 pm, July 11, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

serena: purple?!?! you just said my favourite colour...*drool*...now I so have to check out novo...thanks for the tip!

 
At 8:00 pm, July 15, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

mine too, i love everything purple! yup, hurry to novo before it's sold out, i've been searching for purple for like forever, jaw almost dropped when i saw them, didn't even bother asking the price, just told them to get me the size, haha, bonus was when they said it was 20%... =) been wearing mine to death since i got them, absolutely in love...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home