Friday 11 July 2008

Clinique All About Eyes…

*sigh*…you know you’re getting old when you start seeing the under eye circles popping up after (yet another) late night (and mind you, it's not because I'm out clubbing or partying!), so when I came across Clinique's All About Eyes at the Clinique counter at Selfridges in London, I knew I had to have it.

Description:
Clinique All About Eyes is designed to target under-eye circles, shadows, lines and puffs. Special moisturizers and optical diffusers immediately diminish the appearance of under-eye circles and fine lines. A unique combination of botanicals, proteins and anti-oxidants works to fade the look of under-eye darkness, decrease puffiness and strengthen skin against environmental aggressors. Helps to extend eye makeup wear. This velvety, lightweight cream-gel is absorbed quickly.

Directions:
Use morning and night, over the entire eye area. Wait a few seconds before applying eye makeup.

The Verdict:
First off, I must say I like how Clinique packages their products in sturdy glass containers – admittedly it’s not quite practical to take when you travel since they’re quite heavy, but from a totally frivolous point of view, they definitely ‘glam up’ your dressing table. :)

Even though Clinique does not add fragrances to their skincare products, there was a faint scent when I opened up the jar – it wasn’t fragrance, but still quite pleasant. The texture itself is very silky – I seriously felt like slathering it on like a body cream instead of just my eye area!

I’ve been using this twice a day ever since arriving back from London (almost two weeks now), and it has managed to diminish the look of my under eye bags quite substantially. It has also doubled up as a base prior to applying eye makeup, since it leaves the eye area feeling like velvet (seriously!).

At a price of £15.00 (approx. RM95) for a 15ml jar, it’s a bit pricey but nothing compared to the price I’d pay for it if I was in Malaysia. However, you get your money’s worth on this one, since just a small swipe is sufficient.

Would I repurchase this? Hmm…if I could get someone to provide me with a regular supply from London, why not? :) (I’ve been boycotting the local Clinique counters for a while now since their service has been less than stellar) But once I’m done with this jar we’ll see – I estimate it’ll take me at least 3 months to use it up.

Rating: 4 / 5
Value: $$
(only if bought in the UK)

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 11:07 am, July 12, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

i am using this too! But I'm using the sample size as I bought their Moisture surge!! I am loving this!!! But I am at times too lazy to apply it every night! I love this against all the eye creams clinique made!

 
At 2:51 pm, July 14, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got this too! hehe havent started using yet. here counter is selling at RM130, but i bought from strawberry net which cost only around RM105 or so, still cheaper than counter :D

 
At 5:49 pm, July 15, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

askmewhats: I'm not sure about Clinique's other eye creams, but this one stands out by far.

So funny - you bought the moisture surge and got the eye cream sample...I bought the eye cream and got the moisture surge sample! LOL!

prettybeautiful: Thanks for the price update! :) I'm shocked at the difference in price - it's a RM35 difference (approx. 36% higher)..so ridiculous!

 
At 9:04 pm, July 15, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

I KNOW! I am glad they gave me a sample of this !I may repurchase after I finish up the sample!!! But the thing is...I've read somewhere that we don't really need a separate eye cream...hmmmm...now that made me thinking..are moisturizers just enough to put under your eyes? Or we really have to use a separate one?? What do you think?

 
At 10:24 am, July 16, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

askmewhats: well, I personally feel we should use a separate eye cream. Eye creams are specifically created for the eye area, and may be too rich for full face use.

Similarly, the skin around the eye area is thinner than on the rest of the face (which is why we get wrinkles there!! eeps!!), so the extra moisture makes sense...what's your take on this?

 
At 10:26 am, July 16, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

You are right, I felt the same, but i remembered when I was using the NON-clinique eye cream, NO JOKE! Everytime I wake up, my eyes are puffier! and everyone can vouch on that!!! And when I stopped using eye cream, it was normal. I think there are some eye creams that causes puffiness instead of minimizing them..i honestly forgot the brand, I'll dig in and will let you guys know so it's a NO NO. When i used the Lancome eye cream, I've seen no difference. Now I'm using the Clinique all about eyes, will see how it goes..so far, my eyes aren't puffy when I wake up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home