Monday 21 July 2008

Makeup Avalanche…

OoOOooOOoo…lookie what arrived for me last Thursday!

This parcel arrived from a dear friend (who has requested to remain anonymous) – have I mentioned how much I lurve nice surprises? The box was pretty heavy too! She simply just sent me an email saying “I sent you something, look out for it next week” without giving me a hint of what the contents were…so you can imagine the suspense when it finally arrived.

Imagine my shock when I opened it to find the inside packed CHOCK FULL of makeup and samples – girl, you must’ve really OD-ed on your shopping to send all these!! :O

All the products were nicely packed in bubble wrap packs, and all the remaining gaps were stuffed with sample sachets of products (L’Occitane, Kiehls, Bloom, Rimmel, NYX and Benefit were among those that I recognised) – gotta say, that definitely beats stuffing packages with tissue paper! :)

To say the least, this is the big reason for me not spending as much at the Estee Lauder sale over the weekend – after looking at this stash, I have had trouble picking up my jaw off the floor! She did tell me that some of the makeup were slightly used or items that didn't suit her (she’s a bloggie as well after all) but still, I didn’t expect it to be such a huge stash. What’s more, a lot of the items in there aren’t available locally, so it was a great way to get my hands on them!

This is SO going to last me a looooong time…girl (you know who you are), THANK YEWWWSS!! *HUGZ* So unexpected and it totally made my week, not to mention my weekend was spent trying out all the new items…* bliss*

7 Comments:

At 4:40 pm, July 21, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

You are too cute! i was laughing so hard when you said that your jaws are on the floor!!! THAT LOW? hahaha Want me to help you carry your jaw and return it to the rightful position? hahaha

Well...enjoy it, I'm sure your friend knows what a great person you are to send those stuffs. :D

Jaws right back on track?

 
At 6:55 pm, July 21, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you liked it babes. Enjoy! ;)

Love,
-The Person Who Gave You The Goodies-

 
At 8:30 pm, July 21, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's like Christmas come early!

 
At 9:13 am, July 22, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! such a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetie she is. what is the sample of benefit? firmology? they have skincare? *pardon my ignorance*

 
At 6:31 pm, July 23, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

askmewhats: it was definitely on the floor, and even more so after reading your comment - you are just too sweet!

anonymous: love it love it love it... :) *HUGZ*

rinnah: christmas? then what happens when christmas DOES come? :O hehe...more like hitting lottery, i reckon...LOL!

prettybeautiful: yeah, she's a sweetie all right.. :) benefit firmology is a face toning serum - which i also didn't know until the package arrived, so we're in the same boat, never fear!

 
At 3:54 pm, July 31, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello, its my first time commenting on your blog :) (its very nice)

I've got a question, did your box of cosmetics get witheld at customs? tax?

I heard that cosmetics coming into malaysia needs to be registered with the national pharmaceutical bureau, but small purchases are OK. You box looks rather big, but it came through ok?

 
At 10:06 am, August 01, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

lisze: hey lisze, thanks!

to answer your question, the box didn't get held at customs...it weighed in at about 0.75kg or so. i'm not too sure, but i don't think that constitutes a "big" purchase.. :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home