Monday 21 April 2008

Most Unimpressive Customer Service…

Further to my previous post on Clinique’s Attracted to Colour Makeup Workshop, I was MOST UNIMPRESSED by the promoter at the Jusco Midvalley counter! Extremely unprofessional, not product savvy and not helpful at all! *grrrrrr…*

When I went to the counter this afternoon, the promoter started out by asking me what I wanted to do – “You want do foundation lesson or eye, or makeup?” (as you can see, her English left a lot to be desired) and actually WALKED OFF to see to another potential customer! Like hello? There’s another promoter just sitting there, and you have to walk off? With not as much as a ‘Excuse me’ or ‘Sorry’? *fume* After figuring out that she meant “Do you want a lesson in applying foundation, eye makeup or makeup overall”, I decided to try the eye makeup portion.

Then she started with this extremely long barrage of questions (CP = Clinique Promoter):

CP: What colour?
Me: Ermm…maybe something natural…beige/ brown maybe? (you have to remember, this is in the middle of the afternoon!)
CP: Ok ok…(goes off to take several items and comes back)…so you want recreate or step by step?
Me: Huh?
CP: (exaggeratedly) You want recreate look one eye, or step by step you follow me?
Me: Step by step is fine.

To tell the truth, I was really getting rather pissed off by this time. She then proceeded to gunk up one eye, telling me repeatedly to ‘shut both eyes’. Hello? If I’ve got both eyes shut, what freakin ‘lesson’ is this? I’m supposed to just re-create the look by looking at your work is it? Not to mention that she was quite LESS THAN gentle with the application.

The scary part came when she wanted to apply mascara on me – I had to tell her specifically not to use the same mascara brush (which looked extremely scary with rather a lot of gunk), and insisted that she take out another sample tester, or not apply mascara on me at all, to which she rather sullenly took out a new brush. (You’d think things like this would have been drummed into the promoter’s head before they started work!)

Anyway, long and short of it, this was the result:

I look like a blinking war casualty! The eyeliner was uneven (particularly on the lower lash line), the darker shade (which is not entirely visible in this picture) made me look like I had bruises, droopy eyes (which I don't actually have!) and don’t even get me started on the spider eyelashes.

The only upside? The two free treats – a travel sized Take the Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes & Lips, plus a travel size of Fresh Bloom Allover Colour in Peony (according to her, they only had one shade available)

If it wasn’t for these two items, I think I would have just kicked up a huge fuss at the counter. To everyone else that wants to check this deal out, go ahead, but please don’t go to the Jusco Midvalley counter…nuff’ said.


PS: Remember the glosswear promotion I mentioned? The Clinique promoter didn’t even know about the promotion when I asked her about it! She had to go and check with her colleague and flip through some book before telling me “Yes got, just start today only” (like duh, I already knew that!)

Anyway, I had a chance to try out the gloss, and personally I’m not too fond of it. Waaayy too sticky for my liking, but for those that like sticky (the stickier the gloss, the longer it lasts), it’s retailing for RM63.00.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 10:16 pm, April 21, 2008 , Blogger rinnah said...

That's not a nice experience! I also didn't have a good experience when I did mine at the Clinique Isetan KLCC counter. Maybe Clinique isn't giving their consultants good enough training...

 
At 6:19 am, April 22, 2008 , Blogger Tine said...

Ouch! Your left eye's eyeliner on the lower lid is definitely darker than the right. I'm not sure about the photo quality, but it looks like that person hardly did anything. This is a surprise, because Clinique girls are usually pretty skillful. I don't know, I guess they just reminded me of nurses :p

 
At 11:48 am, April 22, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gah! I could never stand Clinique. Seriously. Never had a good experience. The last time I attended an event was to get a sample of their 3 step program which was advertised in the papers. They treat you like you owe them something which of course we don't! I don't particularly like getting people into trouble but I strongly recommend you write into to Clinique and mention your experience. They have to know. And cute blush. I always wanted it but never got it :P

 
At 1:09 pm, April 22, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think for make-up lessons i prefer bobbi brown anytime!
i heard Thebodyshop is having some makeup workshop. pay RM120 and get RM100 rebate to buy stuffs...(thats member price lah i think)

 
At 3:03 pm, April 22, 2008 , Blogger Shortcake said...

Oh no, that is so sad :( but i really like the pretty blusher thingy with all the pretty girly pattern on it :)

 
At 4:50 pm, April 22, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

rinnah: I think so too...someone has to do a serious overhaul on their service levels..

tine: The promoter just simply whack one design on (like a robot), DESPITE me telling her that this particular design would not work on me since I have prominent double eyelids..grrr..

pb: Well, we'll see what comes of it - the info's being passed along. To be fair, there is a particular GUY at the Pavilion outlet that's quite good...but otherwise it's just seriously off-putting (but yeah, the blush is very cute!)

fasionasia: I'm inclined to agree with you...Lancome's service is quite good as well. Haven't tried Body Shop's makeup workshops yet, but their makeup application techniques are decent. :)

shortcake: *sigh*...sad, innit? But I AM loving the blusher, so that makes up for the horrendous experience a tiny bit - can't bring myself to use it though since it looks too pretty! Arrgghh!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home