Wednesday 19 October 2011

Sample Subscription Boxes - Unboxing the BellaBox…

Sample subscription boxes – there has been plenty written about these kind of programs in the US and the UK which sends people a selection of items to try based on their preferences and type for a monthly subscription fee. This has since spread to Australia (Tine has written about her experience with Beauty Box), and more recently, it has reached Singapore in the form of BellaBox.

BellaBox delivers the latest deluxe beauty products to your door, brand new and exclusive for you at SG$15 a month. We handpick and deliver 5 of the most luxurious beauty products to hit the market. Discover new products you will love, and make new purchases with confidence.

Back in August, I signed up for the Singapore version of BellaBox ahead of its official launch, and a couple of weeks after the website officially launched in October for orders and making my payment, this pink box arrived for me.

Inside was a glossy beige and brown striped box – I must say I really did like how they packaged the box along with the little touches that made it a joy to open.

Once I opened the box, there was a welcome introductory note on the top, along with a list of the box’s contents and full size pricing at the back. The contents of the box were also wrapped up in tissue paper with a small sticker.

And ta-daahh! Here are the contents of the first BellaBox – 50ml bottles of Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo and Conditioner each, miniature vial of Oscar de la Renta Esprit d’Oscar, 30ml OPI Avojuice Skin Quenchers, and the brown twisty thingies in the picture are actually hair-ties called Twistbands.

For the monthly subscription fee of SG$15 I reckon they could have done a bit better with the first BellaBox, but all things considered it wasn’t too shabby, and included useful products. Will be sticking with them a while longer to see what else they come up with before forming my opinion about the sample subscription box hype.

Some of the brands BellaBox is working with include Aveda, Davines, OPI, Twistbands, Oscar de la Renta, Korres, OCC, Pangea Organics and Pearly Wipes. 


Has anyone else signed up with BellaBox or similar sample subscription box programs, and what do you think of them?

Labels: , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 2:58 pm, October 19, 2011 , Anonymous xin said...

i also want box box here in MY!!!

 
At 3:14 pm, October 19, 2011 , Anonymous Tine said...

I'm currently subscribed to the Australian version of Bellabox (will upload a picture of the contents on Facebook). I guess in comparison to the Singapore's one, I prefer the Aussie version. Still, if I compare it to Beauty Box, then your Bellabox is definitely much better :)

 
At 3:19 pm, October 19, 2011 , Anonymous Paris B said...

I might perhaps be the only person not getting the whole subscription box thing. It might be because I'm not much of a gambler, preferring to actually know what I'm getting for my money as opposed to being constantly "surprised" ;)

 
At 3:23 pm, October 19, 2011 , Blogger beetrice said...

xin: well, if you really want to then send it to SG I carry back lor! :D

tine: can't wait to see the contents of the Aussie Bellabox! but yeah, at least it's a fair bit better than the Beauty Box one you got - still can't compare to the ones in the US though.. :)

paris: haha..I'm only trying it out in the name of curiousity more than anything else and because the brands were decent - I'm actually quite curious to see what they would do with OCC! ;)

 
At 3:59 pm, October 19, 2011 , Blogger daphne said...

While I'm intrigued and want to join, I'm skeptical about the quality of the products... There are not many deluxe brands around, and more often than not, brands usually give miserly sample portions. $15 is not a lot of money, but if the samples the brands are going to give, can be obtained for free, then $15 would seem like a high price to pay.... think we gotta 'observe' for a while longer!

 
At 7:18 pm, October 20, 2011 , Anonymous Stephanie/Yukaeshi said...

I've tried OPI Avojuice Skin Quenchers and they're pretty good IMO :)

I wish they'd have these here in MY but then again most places are already quite stingy with samples unless you blatantly ask D: And knowing my rotten luck I'd be getting samples that are not that suitable to me haha! :P

Still, quite an interesting concept!

 
At 2:50 pm, October 21, 2011 , Blogger Lauren said...

I'm signed up to Lust Have It here in Australia, and coincidentally just blogged about it =]

 
At 3:56 am, October 23, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If this was in Msia I would probably subscribe to it to test it out :P (and see what I get)

Sounds like an interesting concept though ^^

 
At 12:35 pm, October 28, 2011 , Blogger beetrice said...

daphne: so far they're not too bad, but like you said, we'll have to wait and see.. :)

stephanie/yukaeshi: it did take quite a while to trickle down to Singapore, so let's see what happens!

lauren: good to know, hope we get some other options here as well soon! :)

raindropsinthesky: haha I think all of us are thinking the same thing! :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home