Monday 12 September 2011

Chanel Rouge Allure Laque – Enter the Dragon…

Another Monday beckons eh, ladies? I realise I’m probably the last person to write about the Chanel Rouge Allure Laque, but since I need a boost after the weekend here it is! 

 
Description: 
Discover the pure indulgence of liquid lip lacquer, a colour innovation that could only come from Chanel. Intensely rich colour and shine last for hours -- and the temptingly creamy formula conditions as it hydrates lips. All this, with full coverage in eight stunning shades.

 
The shade I got was a gorgeous blood red called Dragon (#75), which had caught my eye after seeing it on Yani (she and Paris are huge fans of red lips, and it’s a pretty hard pull to resist!). And since I had some Robinsons vouchers to use up in Singapore, why not? 

 
I love how understated Chanel products are, and the Rouge Allure Laque is no different – coming in a black glossy tube with the gold Chanel logo on the top, it’s also got a nice heft to it too. The Dragon shade itself though, is LOVE. Just one swipe of this is enough to make my lips pop, although I found I had to seriously exfoliate my lips before wearing this to avoid my lipstick bleeding at the edges.

Texture-wise, I don’t have any complaints either – creamy without being too thick, and lasted me a whole day at work without any touch ups. Even after it got wiped off, my lips still had a red stain to it which looked pretty good when topped off with a light gloss.


 
At the risk of taking a close up of my lips which would have looked like two slices of red tuna, I decided to show you the full face instead (pardon the eye bags!), and it’s not difficult to see why I’m so in love with this shade. :D

You can read Yani’s take on the Rouge Allure Laque here, or see Paris’ take on the Mandarin shade here.


Chanel Rouge Allure Laque retails at RM110 or SG$49 for a 6ml tube, and is available in 8 shades at all Chanel counters nationwide.


Rating: 4.5 / 5 
Value: $$

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 3:42 pm, September 12, 2011 , Anonymous domncroxd said...

one word: waaah! very nice, this shade suits you well.

 
At 5:05 pm, September 12, 2011 , Anonymous xin said...

lasted the entire day? now the staying power is serious O_o

 
At 6:37 pm, September 12, 2011 , Blogger beetrice said...

domncroxd: thanks! :D was really hoping it would work with my skin tone, but as it turns out I think it can work with most people!

xin: come I 'kucup' you and let you see? :p I had a heck of a time cleaning off the swipe on my hand that I did for my post - ended up had to use makeup remover! XD

 
At 8:13 am, September 13, 2011 , Blogger Jenn said...

It looks absolutely stunning on you!! <3

 
At 6:48 pm, September 19, 2011 , Blogger beetrice said...

jenn: thanks Jenn! :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home