Thursday 5 May 2011

Quick & Easy: Sparkly-tipped nails…

While I’m a huge fan of nail art and always ogle over my blogging babes’ nails (Nikki and Xin, I’m looking at you two!) I can be a total klutz when it comes to doing my own nails. Pale shimmery colours I can manage, but anything beyond that and I leave it to the professionals lest I make a total mess of it… :p

But I think I’ve found an easy solution to perk up my nails somewhat without requiring multiple repairs and using half a bottle of nail polish remover to fix mistakes! :D


I started off with clear nail polish (actually, in this case I used Sally Hansen’s Double Duty base and top coat to save hassle), and coated the tips with a shimmery white nail polish (in this pic, I used a polish I just bought from Missha).

The result? French-tip looking nails with some sparkle at the tips – they’re conservative enough for work, but more fun than the conventional French tips. Better yet, I didn’t really need to be too precise about the line either which was a lifesaver…just ‘within the lines’ sufficed!


One base coat, two layers of white shimmer on the tips, let dry and finish with a top coat. Took me less than 15 minutes! :D

And really, if a klutz like me can do it, I guarantee you anyone can!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 3:53 pm, May 05, 2011 , Blogger Naeema said...

likes likes likes it ! :D

 
At 11:21 pm, May 05, 2011 , Blogger plue said...

while i was in HK, my dark chocolate polish on my nails got some dents n marks (god knows where it came from), top up with glittery nail polish, flaws gone! LOL

didn't need to redo my nails at all!

 
At 1:49 pm, May 10, 2011 , Blogger beetrice said...

naeema: thanks! :D

plue: will keep that in mind the next time I muck up my nail polish! thanks! :)

 
At 9:07 pm, June 09, 2011 , Anonymous gio said...

That looks very pretty, love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home