Monday 21 February 2011

Much ado about Muar… :D

Hey ladies! How was your weekend? I’m back at work but still feeling the effects of my weekend roadtrip up to Muar for a family reunion and to celebrate my maternal grandma’s birthday. To say it was gastronomic ecstasy all the way up and back would still be an understatement… :D


This is the absolutely-must-visit street in Muar – Jalan Haji Abu, which also known as Muar’s Hunger Street…all the food you’d ever want to try in Muar is either along this street or just nearby.


Still a bit early for durian, but who cares if you know where to go and who to buy from? :D


Dinner was spent nomming my way down Hunger Street…wantan mee (loved the homemade springy noodles), pork satay (melted in my mouth), otak-otak (possibly the best I’ve tried) and o chien/ oysters (wins hands down for the best I’ve tried…ever!). And this is just PART of the food we tried in Muar... :O


The rest of the world gets Coffeebean, but Muar’s a little different…they get Elephant Bean! I’d be pretty curious as to how they came up with the name though, if you get what I mean… :p

I stayed at Muar Trader’s Hotel, which was decent enough in terms of amenities, but a word of warning for those heading there – don’t expect the same kind of facilities or standards as another Trader’s Hotel! Probably ok by small town standards la…


The view from the window at night was gorgeous though…it’s situated right next to the Muar River, which explains the bridge lights on the left side…

How was everyone else’s weekend? :D

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 6:09 am, February 22, 2011 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

we need a food trip! My weekends was pretty neat :)Binged on unmentionables...

 
At 11:14 am, February 22, 2011 , Anonymous xin said...

yum! havent had muar otak otak in quite a while already.

 
At 1:42 pm, March 03, 2011 , Blogger beetrice said...

connie: yes we must! we should try one from KL to SG...sure burst by the time hit JB...hehe...

xin: the next time you happen to see some get for me too ya? :p I only have the frozen one now..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home