Friday 18 February 2011

Of post-CNY thoughts…


Well well…CNY has finally come and gone – how did you all fare this year? :D As for me, the festivities started off for me the weekend before CNY and continued right through into the Rabbit year! Since it’s a Friday anyway, I thought I’d just share some random thoughts and memorable moments from the past 15 (well, technically 21 for me!) days…


Every year, my dad loves to make us dress in traditional Chinese garb and take a family photo, which he then uses as his CNY greeting to family and friends. This year, since I’d already worn the same outfit twice, I got a new cheongsam (yes, it’s purple… :p) to wear for the photo. The dress itself was a bargain – cost me S$49 from the Native Country outlet in Novena.


I love this shot – a cousin caught this as we were trying to do a family ‘camho’ shot…mind you, dad was trying to take the photo with his iPhone! LOL…


The result wasn’t too bad right? Hehe…still needs a bit of honing though to get the photo balanced!


I’m very thankful that I still have grandparents alive, especially my paternal grandma. She seems to get tinier every year, and at a grand age of 91, you’d better believe she can still whup your a**at mah-jong! In this case, she’s got iPhone skills…how many 91-yr olds do you know that can negotiate Fruit Ninja? :D My granny rocks yo!


First day of CNY with granny and my (finally NO LONGER unemployed) brother. Before you ask, yes it’s the same cheongsam – and I finally had a chance to put my Marena supportwear to the test. I’ll go into Marena in a separate post, but in a nutshell I was pretty pleased with the results (and getting compliments from the rest of the family didn’t hurt any either…)


Rinnah and myself purposely invited ourselves over to Xin’s house during CNY to collect angpow since she promised us ‘cute cute bunny packet’*giggles*


Come to think of it, I actually managed to meet up with quite a few of the girls over CNY – besides our pre-CNY ‘lohei’ lunch, I also managed to haul Connie over from KLCC to Pavilion to have dinner with Tine and myself (and squeeze in some shopping as well!)

Oh, and as far as new items for CNY go, I’m in love with this particular new acquisition…


*squeal of happiness*…I’d been hankering for a new camera for the longest time – it had been a close fight between the Canon S95 and the Panasonic Lumix LX5, but after trying out Tine’s camera (she had picked up the same model some time earlier) the Lumix won!


Caught some fireworks that were going off behind my aunt’s house in Seremban with the new camera – I'd only bought the camera the day before and hadn’t had the chance to learn how to use it yet, so simply used the presets…still, I think they didn’t turn out too badly.


This is my favourite gift over the CNY period – a Sportscraft Jeanie Minibag in my favourite colour…absolutely LOVE it!! :D Thank you thank you girl…you know who you are! *wink*

Oh, and on a side note I got some further happy news over CNY...the renovations at my Ara Hills apartment have finally been completed, and furniture’s been moved in! :)


This is a sneak peek at the living/dining area, but you get the idea…the brown box at the back is the TV which still needs to be mounted, but otherwise I’m most happy with the result. Now if only I could figure out where the heck I’m going to be based in the next year so I can finally move in… >.<

Chap Goh Mei passed without much fuss yesterday. And before you ask, no I didn’t throw any oranges into the river/ pond/ stream/ waterway…because everyone I mentioned it to in Singapore told me it was illegal (ie. considered littering!) Besides, I have a long-standing joke with some friends that what you throw in will indicate how desperate you are…

First year, throw orange…
Second year no result, throw grapefruit…
Third year no result, throw pomelo…
Fourth year no result, throw honeydew…
…and if fifth year STILL no result, heck, throw watermelon! :D


And that’s all she wrote, folks! How was your CNY? :D Collected/ handed out lots of angpows? Stuffed yourself silly on CNY goodies? Come on, share your stories!

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 12:08 pm, February 19, 2011 , Anonymous lavender said...

Hi Beetrice

You look awesome in that cheongsam! You look slim. Can't wait for your review on the support wear. And I love your new apartment. It looks so spacious and classy.
This CNY was a bit sad for me as my car was knocked. Till now, it's still in the workshop.

 
At 9:35 pm, February 19, 2011 , Blogger shuaddict said...

Thanks for sharing your story and photos about CNY. You look lovely in that cheongsam, the color is gorgeous.

 
At 10:01 pm, February 19, 2011 , Anonymous rinnah said...

I want the .jpg of that pic of us with Xin! Email me please? :)

CNY was great up until around 10th Feb cos I've been sick since then. :(

 
At 11:20 pm, February 20, 2011 , Blogger Shortcake said...

You look lovely babe! Love the family pic and the one right on top too! Happy days! *muax*

 
At 3:50 pm, February 21, 2011 , Anonymous xin said...

omg i wanna go your house! yeay we have new place to crash now!!!

 
At 11:48 pm, February 22, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woot! Spanking nice apartment!! Totally neat yo!

 
At 1:46 pm, March 03, 2011 , Blogger beetrice said...

lavender: thank you! oh dear, hope your car problems have been sorted out already?

shuaddict: thanks! loved the mix of colours as well, even though I don't often wear white.

rinnah: emailed! :)

shortcake: the top one was taken in the cable car on the way up to Genting - trying to distract from the strong wind! :p glad you had a good CNY too!

xin: you girls want to christen it for me rite? ;)

p.sawyer: thanks! :) it was fab finally meeting you after all this time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home