Wednesday 29 September 2010

Clarus Hand and Foot Repair Packs…

When I first arrived in Singapore, I found that the soles of my feet used to get really dry and dirty thanks to walking a lot in slippers. I was frantically rubbing in lotion at night to avoid the dreaded cracked heels, and in a bid to fix it, resorted to trying almost everything available at the local pharmacy.

One of them was the Clarus Foot Repair pack, which I picked up together with the Hand pack just because it looked interesting. The hand pack came in pink while the foot pack came in blue, so it’s easy to differentiate. For this purpose, I’m going to be lumping both the hand and foot pack review into one since there’s not much difference in both products.


Description:
Clarus Repair Hand Pack – A convenient and effective skin care product which gives you a pair of soft and silky hands. Its anti-aging ingredient Camellia Sinesis Leaf Extract and skin lifting Collagen, when formulated together, nourish, moisturise and protect your hand’s skin. With 3-4 times of intensive treatment per week, you can achieve your desired condition of soft and silky skin. To maintain, use at least 2-3 times a week.
Clarus Repair Foot Pack – Repairs, rejuvenates, revitalises, heals chapped areas and eliminates calluses from the feet. Its unique formula for beautiful feet nourishes and moisturises them making your feet smooth and soft. You can show off your great looking feet after a few intensive uses. To maintain soft skin condition, use at least 2-3 times a week. Contains Collagen, Aloe Vera, Carbomer, Witch Hazel, Green Tea Extract, Morus Alba bark extract.



The Verdict:
From start to finish, I wasn’t very impressed with this product. To be fair, at least some thought went into the design of the packaging which is separated into two compartments so that the vinyl covers don’t get wet, plus it’s relatively easy to tear open. The scent of both is also quite similar and rather mild, which suits me just fine. However, after that point everything went downhill.



Each pack contains one pair of gloves / socks with 20g of essence along with a pair of vinyl covers. To use it, you’re supposed to slip on the gloves / socks, pull on the vinyl covers and leave for 20-30 minutes before removing and rubbing the remaining essence into your hands/ feet. For your hands, they also tell you to wear a rubber band around the wrist so that the essence doesn’t flow out (not included in the pack).



Just to clarify, I have short fingers to begin with and wear a size 7-8 shoe (38-40). As it is, the gloves and socks only come in one size and I found both quite a snug fit, so those with bigger feet or longer fingers may find it a challenge to use. First off, when I compared the ‘essence’ to that in the usual face masks, this felt really just like they were soaked in water – there was no slippery feel, which to be fair could be just attributed to the particular makeup of that formula.

However, once I put it on, I just felt I was squishing around in a pair of wet socks – coupled with the vinyl covers which I suppose were meant to ‘infuse’ the essence through heat as well as to keep it from staining anything else, it made for a pretty uncomfortable half hour (and this is coming from someone who can stand rubbing baby cream into her feet and wearing cotton socks over them to sleep just to fix the cracked heels). Ditto for the hands – they didn’t provide any rubber bands with the pack, so I was left holding my hands clasped throughout the half hour hoping they wouldn’t slide off.

Now, I wouldn’t have minded it so much if they had really worked, but after I took the gloves and socks off, it didn’t feel as if any of the essence had been absorbed at all. I even tried rubbing the rest of the essence into my hands and feet, but by the next morning there wasn’t any noticeable difference. If at all, I think my hands and feet were a bit drier than before!

The instructions on the pack said to use 2-3 times weekly to see results, but honestly I can’t be bothered. At SG3.90 each, that’s tantamount to spending almost SG70 a month on just twice-weekly use. I’d rather use the money on baby cream and cotton socks for my feet, thank you very much. It would also allow me a lot more freedom of movement compared to sitting around hanging on to the vinyl covers or sliding around feeling icky.

The only good thing is that the gloves and socks provided were actually half decent, and I’ve since laundered them and reused them with my own hand and foot cream. For the price, really, save your money and go to a salon to get your hands and feet pampered. Better still, you can get a much cheaper and more effective solution by just investing in a huge tub of Sorbolene and cotton gloves and socks.






Clarus Hand and Foot Repair Packs retail at SG3.90 per pack but can sometimes go down to SG1.95 on promotion. Available at Guardian and Watsons outlets in Singapore.


Rating: 1.5 / 5
Value: $

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:53 am, September 30, 2010 , Anonymous xin said...

i also got a set of hand n foot mask but malas want to try :P to cure my cracked heels, i usually slap on really thick layer vaseline the petroleum jelly, put on socks and go bed.

 
At 12:23 am, October 03, 2010 , Blogger beetrice said...

xin: yeah, the baby cream/ sorbolene and socks work better than this one lor..very crappy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home