Thursday 23 September 2010

L’Oreal Paris Total Repair 5 Shampoo + Conditioner = *flick flick*…

About a month or so back, I decided to hand the scissors over to my hairdresser to crop my hair – and she ended up chopping off about 5-6 inches, which is quite a lot! It was also about the time that I was sent some L’Oreal Paris Total Repair 5 products to try, my hair was feeling rather rough due to the lack of TLC plus my existing shampoo had just run out, so I figured it would be a good time to switch haircare (especially since Paris gave me a good laugh on Twitter calling it the ‘Aishwarya Rai’ shampoo!)


Description:
The L’Oreal Paris Total Repair 5 range replenishes and restores fullness to weak, limp, lifeless hair. Repairing Shampoo – Especially for damaged, devitalized hair. Repairs the hair without weighing it down. Repairing Cream Conditioner – Completes the shampooing process by adding body to each hair shaft and untangling the hair. Products are enriched with Pro-Keratin and Ceramide, strengthening hair to better resist daily wear and tear.


The Verdict:
I’ve started with the shampoo and conditioner first, since those are the two I’ve been using regularly. I’ve never really been one to go for creamy shampoos, since I have this thought about it leaving residue in my hair, but I’ll make an exception for the Total Repair 5 shampoo. Both the shampoo and conditioner are creamy as you can tell from the picture above, although the shampoo resembles more of a very thick liquid. When I tipped my hand upside down, the conditioner would not budge – which to me is a good thing since I like my conditioners to feel like they’re working, y’know?

The smell of the shampoo is lovely, it actually smells...shiny, if you know what I mean (reminiscent of Pantene's 'Smell the Shine' campaign I guess). The results were nothing to sneeze at though - from the first use I was a happy camper…my hair felt soft and shiny, and very manageable. I thought I was having a particularly good hair day, but as the weeks went on I feel like I’ve been having a series of good hair days. :)

Something quirky though, I found that I use surprisingly little shampoo and conditioner when using this range. Normally, I squeeze out a fair bit of shampoo and conditioner in order to wash my hair, but the amount has dropped drastically after using this range. If you’re thinking it’s because I’d cut my hair, I did take that into consideration (I was using about 3 pumps of shampoo even with my shorter hair compared to about a 20-50sen coin size with the Total Repair 5 shampoo).

I actually liked this combo enough to haul all the way to Hanoi and back, which I normally never do with my haircare – I usually only decant my shampoo and use whatever conditioner samples I have lying around.

The shampoo and conditioner combo lasted me a good 6 weeks before running out, and that’s pretty good considering it was the smaller 180ml size bottles. My only gripe was that my conditioner ran out a bit faster than my shampoo, but that’s nothing new for me.

Would I buy this? Yes, and I just did in fact – they were having promotions on this at Guardian and Watsons, and I ended up picking up the 375ml bottle of shampoo for about RM20 at Guardian, and the 375ml conditioner at Watsons for about RM21 (I didn’t pick them up at the same place becaue Guardian didn’t have the conditioner, and the shampoo at Watsons was more expensive!). FYI, Watsons is also having a promo on the smaller bottles which are now below RM10 per bottle – good time to pick one up if you want to try it out. :)


The entire L’Oreal Paris Total Repair 5 range consists of shampoo, cream conditioner, mask and night essence – I’ve just gotten my hands on a couple of samples of the mask, and I’ve got a bottle of the night essence to try now, so let’s see how those go. For now though, it’s back to my hair flicking…*flick flick flick*

The L’Oreal Paris Total Repair 5 range is currently widely available at personal care stores. Retail prices are as follows:
Repairing Shampoo – 180ml (RM11.90), 375ml (RM22.90)
Repairing Cream Conditioner – 180ml (RM12.90), 375ml (RM24.90)
Deep Repairing Mask – 200ml (RM27.90)
Repairing Night Essence – 150ml (RM36.90)


Rating: 5 / 5
Value: $$$

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:22 am, September 24, 2010 , Anonymous xin said...

now this stuff looks really promising considering the amount of good reviews i have read. my conditioner always runs out before my shampoo does too :P even tho with short hair

 
At 12:47 pm, September 24, 2010 , Anonymous Foong Jin said...

I've always liked the Elseve line of shampoos cos all the variants makes my hair so soft and smooth. But now, after reading about the use of silicones in hair care products and how damaging it can be in the long run, I'm quite sceptical about products which are "too good to be true". :( Do you know if the products are chock full of silicones, or is it a just really good product in itself? Thanks!

 
At 12:26 am, October 03, 2010 , Blogger beetrice said...

xin: haha, i've tried cutting back on my conditioner alredy..but this one just smells awesome!

foong jin: this one does have dimethicone, but it's not a major component so it really depends on your comfort level i guess.

 
At 9:53 am, November 03, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

dimethicone is water soluable. Your hair uses what it needs and the rest is rinsed away. Not all silicone is bad. Everyone needs to stop jumping on the trendy bandwagon. I can't wait to find this conditioner to try it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home